• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WebApp for Modifying Audyssey EQ

vengelmann

Hi

I am going to start hacking on a webapp to modify Audyssey EQ settings (like Ratbuddysey but.., not in C#).

Was hoping to gauge interest. I have a lot going on so will squeeze it in here and there, but community interest is obviously a big push.

I personally can't believe Audyssey's mobile apps are so limited, considering what the AVR hardware can do (although, of course, they could just use a damn SoC. What's with the giant relay delay when changing round EQ filters?! That's another DIY thread..).

Vincent

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The biggest "problem" of Ratbuddyssey is the GUI. If your version had a beginner mode to make it user friendly, that would give it a lot more potential users. Proper labeling and documentation is especially key.

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Now that the new MultEQ-X app is out, I personally wouldn't bother with any free app that isn't directly integrated in the same way. It has full documentation, direct support, and the workflow is WAY faster and lower friction that having to usher files thru the editor app on a phone (like you do with Ratbuddysey). Messing with this room correction curves is already a lot of work and a time suck. To me time is money. I'm sure others may be interested, but the $200 for MultEQ-X was worth it to me for an app with a fully integrated workflow that takes FAR less time (and less steps) between create/push/test. Don't let me discourage you though, I'm just providing feedback because you asked.

OP
V

vengelmann

Now that the new MultEQ-X app is out, I personally wouldn't bother with any free app that isn't directly integrated in the same way. It has full documentation, direct support, and the workflow is WAY faster and lower friction that having to usher files thru the editor app on a phone (like you do with Ratbuddysey). Messing with this room correction curves is already a lot of work and a time suck. To me time is money. I'm sure others may be interested, but the $200 for MultEQ-X was worth it to me for an app with a fully integrated workflow that takes FAR less time (and less steps) between create/push/test. Don't let me discourage you though, I'm just providing feedback because you asked.
That’s good to know. Thanks.

Top Bottom