• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Waveform

Baltimoregator

Hi, I am new to this forum so pardon me if this is over explained.
I recorded some audio that seems to change each time I play it. Is there a type of wave that can be manipulated by another wave to sound different each time you play it? I noticed the waves have very large crests both (+) and (`-) db. I also noticed the actual baseline of the wave moves across the DC frequently. Im not sure if I am explaining this correctly so I attached a couple samples.

Attachments

• sample 2.wav.zip
    435.5 KB · Views: 24
  • sample 1.wav.zip
    227.8 KB · Views: 25

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sound exactly the same every time to me…

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a type of wave that can be manipulated by another wave to sound different each time you play it?
Not really, but if you play other audio at the same time, it will interfere and the sum may sound different than the parts.

I looked at Sample 1.wav - it has a lot of really low frequency content, subsonic even (below 20hz). This can do funny things to our speakers or headphones, so depending on what you're playing it back on, you may hear strange things.

Try adding a strong/steep high pass filter at (say) 25 or 30hz and see if that helps.

Top Bottom