• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Was anybody at the Sean Olive talk at CanJam?

markanini

Major Contributor
That target (SoundGuys) also has approximately 3 dB less energy in the 20-70 Hz area per the above graph. Which of the two areas with the most difference matters the most for preference rating?

I think we could equally conclude that (paraphrasing): “One big thing I take from this is that a target similar to Harman IE 2019, except slightly less V-shaped and slightly more tilted, is statistically tied.
Yes, I agree with that. On which features matter more for preference, maybe it depends on listening volume and/or listening duration. I will stay tuned to see if this will get a definitive answer, it's a good question. I would prefer the Hps.com preference bands to be based on the two curves here rather than what they are using now.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd like to propose an informal listening test, partly inspired by this presentation. You will need a pair of Truthear Zero Red to do it.

I want to emphasise that I don't consider this a properly controlled and designed test, for reasons developed in that thread, but it could still prove useful to some of you to some capacity.

LINK

Top Bottom