• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

VTV Purifi Remote trigger assistance

Carlton80@0

Hoping to seek some assistance for adding the remote 12v trigger to a pair VTV amplifiers. I have reached out to Warren at VTV to seed if I could purchase the 12v trigger modules and back plates to perform the update in the field and have been informed that there is no support for his customers of this option and I am seeking alternative solution. I would prefer to do the switching in the same fashion as delivered from the vendor. Any help in getting this done would be appreciate.

Attachments

• 4BECEE5F-E395-47BE-99C9-89E1518B452D.jpeg
    4BECEE5F-E395-47BE-99C9-89E1518B452D.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 74

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Which model VTV do you have?

The solution can vary depending on the amp module.

Last edited:

ocinn

At this point, it would be cheaper and easier to use a current-sensing power strip, or a remote-controlled outlet. I have my whole desktop system connected to something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082TX3CV1/

None of my gear has triggers or easily accessible power switches, so one button turns on literally everything audio related on my desk. And no need to deal with annoying trigger routing etc.

OP
Carlton80@0

Carlton80@0

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

1ET-7040SA​

Ok thanks, but recall I asked which VTV model as number of power supplies matters too.

Are you up for breadboarding or are you looking for something packaged? Are you able to solder?

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just re-reviewed the pic you originally posted. I can see a few potential reasons that Warren wanted to do the upgrade. He also uses the J4 connector to power the front panel status LED. So, you have the connector but still would need wires the the terminated with the right crimps. Furthermore, it looks as though the pin 1 connection has 2 wires. Along with concerns over electric shock, this is upgrade is trickier than I thought for someone without experience. So would explain why a premade harness is not so simple as well. Additionally, I do not see the holes drilled for the trigger. You need 3 holes (2 for connector and one between them for mounting screw.

It may not be as elegant but recall some external modules that can add a trigger. Would you want to consider instead?

OP
Carlton80@0

Carlton80@0

Thanks for taking the time to research. I will just keep the amps powered on for now.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In case you change your mind, here is one possible external accessory…

There are a number of other power strips that auto-sense power for a master device and turn on other slave devices. These are less wiring but the master device needs to draw enough current to be sensed. An AVR is fine but some DACs and smaller devices may not.

Top Bottom