• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vinyl is not as bad as I expected.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
You people all have too much book learning for my simple mind. o_O

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
And trust me, if you were to read some of the more famous examples of this philosophy [Michel Foucalt, Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari, among others] you would probably find it all much crazier than it already sounds.
No wonder we have such complete idiots graduating from colleges. LOL

Robin L

Master Contributor

Newman

Major Contributor
Shouldn't it be called Emailmodernism by now?

Robin L

Master Contributor
Shouldn't it be called Emailmodernism by now?
Actually, I've heard tell of "Post-Postmodernism" and probably should leave it at that.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Actually, I've heard tell of "Post-Postmodernism" and probably should leave it at that.
Kind of reminds me of the 60s and all the draft dodgers looking for more worthless courses to waste their time in. LOL

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Metamodernism, which seems to describe two sides spoiling for a fight no matter how trivial the matter, and the embracing of the grand narrative as opposed to detailed argument, seems to fit so much in audio and everywhere else. Probably too close to politics to discuss here though.

Holmz

Major Contributor
And as one lady comedian says, they should because you could turn a song by Taylor Swift around and have her end up with a great guy in a happy end. :)

As long as attic storage, e.g., wasn't involved ;)

This one wouldn't play too well -- but it's a WHAM! album, so it's probably for the best. :cool:

But it looks like a DEVO album?

Attachments

• 456C3024-FA2B-435D-8B9C-F4BAC05F3A8A.jpeg
    456C3024-FA2B-435D-8B9C-F4BAC05F3A8A.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 66

Killingbeans

Major Contributor

Reminds me of one time at an old work place where the R&D department decided to call a new ecosystem of products "Next Generation". In the production/repairs department we thought it was stupid and asked them what they were planning on calling the generation after that. "Next Next Generation"? They didn't get the joke.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
good advice but I already have two. I did have five of them at one point.
A serious addiction, maybe a 12 step program would be appropriate?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Reminds me of one time at an old work place where the R&D department decided to call a new ecosystem of products "Next Generation". In the production/repairs department we thought it was stupid and asked them what they were planning on calling the generation after that. "Next Next Generation"? They didn't get the joke.
We've got nomenclature in my line of work for that, you know? ;)

P1 generation "parental"
f1 generation "first filial"
f2 generation "second filial"

und so weiter, und sofort
:)

main-qimg-0695726463938e94bec627098e859e4d-lq

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A serious addiction, maybe a 12 step program would be appropriate?
I've done all the steps except the last one where I have to apologise to all the people I've offended due to vinyl addiction.

Of the two left one is a mint Technics SL1200 mark 2 that I'm keeping as a collector and the other is a Systemdek IIX which no-one wants to buy as it's a bit poor cosmetic-wise. Probably end up giving it away.

Top Bottom