• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Video collaboration opportunity with "Tech Ingredients"?

Keith_W

Major Contributor
I just rewatched this video and did a search on ASR to find out ASR's take on it. It seems odd that there is no discussion of his findings on ASR.

TBH I think the title "world's best speakers" is a clickbaity title to attract viewers on Youtube. All of us know that speaker design is too vast a topic to be covered by a 1 hour video, and he takes nowhere near enough measurements to justify his claim that these are the world's best speakers. Neither is there a discussion about all the negatives of a transmission line speaker.

But what IS in the video is pure gold. If I had watched this video prior to construction of my subwoofers (which I completed a few years before this video unfortunately!) I would have chosen plywood constrained layer damping instead of MDF. Having said that, his test for constrained layer damping is a tiny tap with a metal piece attached to a plumb line (for repeatability) and I would like to know whether it is still effective at bass frequencies.

If he is genuinely interested in audio, he needs to supply us with more measurements and that is where I think the value of a collab would come in. But then - he is in New England, and I believe Amir is in Seattle. Either Amir's Klippel has to go to the other coast, or he has to transport his speakers to Amir. It won't be easy. And also: given the style of his videos, where he demonstrates a problem, performs some experiments, and then shows you the engineering solution, I am not sure he would be interested in reinventing the wheel. There are after all, MANY videos on Youtube already covering speaker design.

Top Bottom