• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrade from Audient iD22 ?

Faktice

Hi !

Brand new on this wonderful forum, I'm looking for advices about purchasing a new audio interface.

I had an Audient iD22 for 3 years before selling it because of drivers issues and bad latency. Otherwise it was pretty good but since I want to compose and play guitar on my computer I sold it.

So I have like 450$ to spend on this (better if it's less, and can buy used :) ) and I really don't know what t choose... It will be used to record guitars, bass, vocals. I don't think I'll need more than 4 I/O.

Also I am now running on a Macbook M1 Pro.

My main goal is to have the lowest possible latency and some portability since I travel quite a lot between two locations.

For now someone suggested Motu M2/M4 but maybe there are better option at this price point... Just want to notice some improvement after the iD22 !

Thanks a lot for your help !

earlevel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't have experience in that budget, but my safe bet would be MOTU. You've probably seen the M2 and M4 reviews here from Amir, they look excellent for the budget. I might be tempted to look into the UA Volt interfaces. Both those manufacturers tend to be reliable and have a good user experience in general, and produce good quality audio.

Sweetwater has an under-$500 audio shootout (they'd probably have some good advice if you call, too), if you like those sort of things: 9 Best Audio Interfaces Under $500 Shootout

Gearspace is where this sort of thing is hashed out ad nauseum, you'd find a lot of input there.

Top Bottom