• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio interface for listening music

Kixooo

Hello

I am no musician. I don`t record or compose anymore. Just enjoy listening music on my Studio monitors.
I was looking for upgrade from my old audio interface (Roland Quad Capture ua55)
decided to go with Audient ID14 MkII. I am fan of how good it sounds compared to roland.
But there are some features that I don`t like. or need to get used to. (Audio level reseting to 0, loud pop during powering on or off)
Before I was considering MOTU M2. but they are hard to come by. and Audient poped for great value...

My question is. is there some other audio interface which offers same level of DAC or even better in 300Euro~ price range ?

Last edited:
OP
K

Kixooo

Hello and welcome :)

If you are not recording any music, why are you looking for an audio interface instead of a straightforward DAC?
Because I used to produce. already have and like my studio monitors and their flat response. and need balanced connections

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not an audio interface, but a very good DAC with XLR outs.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Because I used to produce. already have and like my studio monitors and their flat response. and need balanced connections
A lot of the better modern DACs have balanced outputs.

OP
K

Kixooo

thank you for your inputs

so DAC as "SMSL DO100" will provide better (audible) clarity over Audient ID14 MK II ?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
thank you for your inputs

so DAC as "SMSL DO100" will provide better (audible) clarity over Audient ID14 MK II ?
As a DAC it has higher fidelity to the input. My guess: the difference is inaudible. It may however suit your needs for how you interface with it better.

OP
K

Kixooo

thank you for clarification. Ill stick with my Audient then :)

Top Bottom