• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yet another thread on USB interface recommendation (ADC for audio measurement system)

HoberM

Hi Folks,

I'm a audio hobbyist since 3/4 years now, and I'm looking for a new interface.
I'm not into music production, but measurements :)

I've already got :
- Mic(s) for in room correction, for speakers drivers measurements and speaker conception
- Turntable
- Some custom cables for impedance measurements etc...
- A Didden Autoranger Mk II interface for amps measurements
- 1khz filter
- etc etc...
My goal is to setup a small bench for audio testing, a bit like Archimago.
But I'm looking for buying a new interface flexible enough in order to not buy separately a dac, a cosmo ADC, etc etc etc ....

Scarlett 2i2, Motu M4 or M2, Audient id14 mkII, etc etc ... are on my short list
Each one have theirs B's and C's: Audient have a -10 db pad which is cool, but limited to 96 khz. Focusrite and Motu can do 192, Motu have RCA and TRS outputs etc etc.

In regard to my target (Speaker distortion measurements, quality gate procedures for amplifiers or dac etc etc...) where the adc have to be good enough, do you have any advice to select one interface or another ?

regards,

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Check out @VintageFlanker 's reviews and his gear, maybe that is the route you are after.

studio7

Both the E1DA Cosmos ADC and iD14 MkII use the same ESS Sabre 32-bit chip, ES9822PRO.

OP
HoberM

HoberM

Thank you.
i've just read the audiolab measurements of id14
A bit odd no ?
At dbu like M2 Amir's measurements the sinad is 79 ?

MaxGain-scaled.jpg

studio7

This Audiolab review is from 2021. The first revision of the iD14 MkII used a different chip, manufactured by AKM. Only the newer units are upgraded with the ESS Sabre 32-bit ADC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom