• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tygr 300R vs he400se vs Deva apro

Which one should i get?

• something else (write it in the replies please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Saljouk

Hello everyone! I've been using my HD58X for 3 years now. They've been serving me well, but they kind of left me wanting more in the Bass department and soundstage.

I've been looking for a headphone that has a good amount of bass that isn't too overpowering and a good soundstage. my use case is immersive open-world games, or rpgs and when it comes to music, i listen to hip-hop, R&B, pop, Rap and Rock

In my search, I've set my eyes on those three. which are the Tygr300R, the He400se, and the Deva Pro.

For my specific use case, which one would you suggest I get? The farthest I can get is 220 dollars, so if you have more suggestions for my use case, I would be glad to hear them!

Thank you in advance!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
HD560S ?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
TYGR300R has lots more 'warmth' (mid-bass) and treble (sharpness) compared to HD58X. So more 'fun' than HD58X.
HD560S has less warmth than HD58X, a bit brighter but better stereo imaging (for gaming) but better low bass. It is 'flatter' and 'brighter'
I would pick the DT900ProX (closer to HD560S in tone) over the TYGR300R which is more like a DT990 (Mid)bass + treble accentuated.

OP
S

Saljouk

TYGR300R has lots more 'warmth' (mid-bass) and treble (sharpness) compared to HD58X. So more 'fun' than HD58X.
HD560S has less warmth than HD58X, a bit brighter but better stereo imaging (for gaming) but better low bass. It is 'flatter' and 'brighter'
I would pick the DT900ProX (closer to HD560S in tone) over the TYGR300R which is more like a DT990 (Mid)bass + treble accentuated.
Thank you very much! so do you think i should go for the HD560s instead?

Dazerdoreal

I own a Deva Pro in the non-wired version. While I like the luxury of having a wireless open headphone, I would not buy it without bluetooth. I expect the 400se to sound better tbh.

Deva Pro & 400se will both not have enough bass for RnB and Hip-Hop unless you EQ. Their bass can be raised a lot by using EQ though, without distortion, because of planar technology.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Thank you very much! so do you think i should go for the HD560s instead?
For gaming it is probably the best option.
For music it could lack 'warmth'/'body' and might be a bit bright.
I can't say if you would prefer it over the HD58X but I do.

Top Bottom