• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

Fahzz

Forum Donor
Another excellent show about gangs... Top Boy... This time from the UK... There are actually 5 seasons of this in Netflix so be sure to check out the first two before watching the final 3. I thought the final season fell off a bit in quality but it was still very good.

Agreed- it's excellent.

cyclo

Based on a manga series... 1st now season on Netflix... enjoyed watching this show

cyclo

Comparison of the Live Action One Piece action scene with the same action scene on Anime...

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Watched the 1st installment of the prequel to the John Wick movies, "The Continental" on Peacock Network. So far interesting and engaging. Too soon to give it a true grade. Love the grungy 70's NYC vibe.
We enjoyed all 3 episodes but I forgot to start counting the dead/dying, as I had done with each of the (x3) JohnWick movies.:(
Now HBO's "Love and Death" which is excellent itself nailed the 1970's vibe so well you think you are back in the late 1970's.
We have the "10 minute Gong Rule" in the house; if she gongs it, I am going to blame @Blumlein 88 . :facepalm:
Of course, I won't forget to take all the credit, if she likes it...;)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a possible Station-Identification break:
Parasocial interaction (PSI)
Refers to a kind of psychological relationship experienced by an audience in their mediated encounters with performers in the mass media, particularly on television and on online platforms. Viewers or listeners come to consider media personalities as friends, despite having no or limited interactions with them. PSI is described as an illusory experience, such that media audiences interact with personas (e.g., talk show hosts, celebrities, fictional characters, social media influencers) as if they are engaged in a reciprocal relationship with them. The term was coined by Donald Horton and Richard Wohl in 1956.

From <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasocial_interaction>
We also try to avoid 'psychodramas'.
just sayin':confused:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We have the "10 minute Gong Rule" in the house; if she gongs it, I am going to blame @Blumlein 88 . :facepalm:
Of course, I won't forget to take all the credit, if she likes it...;)
Don't blame me, it is based on a true story. If you really want to cause trouble there is another mini series about the same events. So immediately switch to it, and retry. Jessica Biel plays in the lead role. I think it is nowhere near as well done or worth watching. It is on Hulu under the name, "Candy". Now some reviewers say the one I suggest is too close to a documentary while the other is a better story.

IMDB ratings: Candy 7.2 Love and Death 7.5

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Started "Fall Of The House Of Usher" and it's quite shocking and difficult to follow at times with all the flashbacks. Too soon for a recommendation but it has promise. 8.1 rating on IMDb. Netflix for those that have it.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Also not sure if this was previously recommended but in my opinion this latest Star Trek show is better than the more recent ones except maybe for the 3rd and final season of Picard (second season of that show sucked though). It is more episodic like Star Trek Generations but they are good... some episodes are more into drama/comedy, there is a musical episode (great!) as well as a few horror/suspense (Alien like) ones.

Yes, I rather enjoyed it. There's also a dedicated ASR thread on the series, mostly for people who hate it for canonical or socio-political reasons, which I've been banned from.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just watched the first episode of limited series "Bodies" on Netflix.

Looks like it may well suck me in...

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If not previously mentioned, the short, terrific Aussie thriller "Scrublands"

GeorgeWalk

steve59

Major Contributor
For the counterculturally inclined, there is The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers on TUBI. It is animated, only 8 episodes, but worth watching. Woody Harrelson and John Goodman do some of the voices.
I had a HUGE comic book of the FFFB in the 70's. got lost in so many moves.

Top Bottom