• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
It's animated and based on a computer game - two things that would normally turn me right off. However, it had a lot of glowing reviews, so I thought I'd give it a try.

It's excellent.

D

Deleted member 23424

91HVVihoswL._RI_.jpg

Exceptional series (on S1 e6, so, so far caveat applies). Beautifully shot, perfectly cast and the source material is a Neil Gaiman book so comes with certain quality guarantees. The soundtrack is equally impressive. One of those "wtf is going on?" shows that throws you just enough to slowly piece it together. Very, very highly recommended. Not least for Gillian Anderson's turn as David Bowie.

daniel_chris

QUANTICO -

Story- A group of young FBI recruits travel to the Quantico base in Virginia to receive training to become special agents. Unfortunately, some of them possess secrets unknown to others.

Cast - Priyanka Jonas, Jake, Johanna

Season 1 is awesome.
Just loved the concept of flashback then present like showing the training at Quantico and then relating it to present which is followed in the second season

Now Priyanka will be seen in the upcoming movie THE MATRIX RESURRECTIONS

quantico-poster.jpg

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
I just finished season 4 of Yellowstone and it was amazing.

I only discovered this because of 1883, which I also enjoy.

And since this an audio forum. I didn't think I would like country music. But I downloaded a lot of country music after watching this :eek:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For those that want wholesome family entertainment I can highly recommend the CBC series Heartland. It’s on Netflix and Amazon. The wife and I just finished all 15 seasons.

We’re now onto Yellowstone, currently on S01E03 and you wouldn’t believe how many times we’ve already looked at each other and said, “This isn’t Heartland.” ;)

Martin

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just finished the first two series of Misfits. Excellent. And interesting to see what our man was also acting while he was being the terrifying Ramsey Bolton in GOT.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
"House of Cards" was an edge-of-the-seat type TV series for us.
Kevin Spacey's "It is not about money, it's about power!" statement had rocked my perspective of politicians... like sexual-misconduct charges has rocked his career!

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

threni

Major Contributor
Dark.
Leftovers.
Rick & Morty.
Solar Opposites.
Veep.
The thick of it.
Silicon valley.
Watchmen.
Happy.
Utopia (the UK one).
Brain-dead.
Santa Clarita diet.
Bob's Burgers.
It's always sunny in Philadelphia.
Curb your enthusiasm.
I'm Alan partridge.
League of gentlemen.
The Larry Sanders show.

pjn

Perpetual Grace, LTD - Ben Kingsley. Very surreal. Memorable.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Some of the 'foreign" TV series we have watched and/or enjoying currently are these:
  • "Lupin" (French classic, which is a take on the old French version of Sherlock Holmes)
  • "Around the World in 80 Days" (English flavored, adaptation of the JulesVerne novel)
  • "Resurrection" (Turkish w/English subtitles, which makes it very difficult to "watch" but real-life version of "Game of Thrones", circa 13th Century)
  • "Money Heist" (Spanish, ("La Casa de Papel"), in which you are siding by the 'bad guys').
You should tell us which ones have taken your fancy... if you ever come up for air!
There are some very good suggestions here... and of course, mine are the best ones.:rolleyes:

Larry B. Larabee

The King of Queens

Repeat, HD, 'Furious Gorge', S7/Ep3, (2004), Carrie wants Doug to attend an overeaters support group, but he goes to a class for men in abusive relationships instead. (Comedy)

steve59

Major Contributor
Amazon prime
The Expanse
The boys
Fringe

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazon prime
The Expanse
The boys