• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

Unground

If you're looking for a chill lighthearted show but still with complex characters and narratives then only murders in the building is great for you.
This. Great characters, good plot, funny in the right places, fantastic theme tune IMO and looks lovely in DV. To me it seems like it was put together with great care. Contrast with Foundation for example, which doesn't.

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Weeb Labs

Just never got into SG tbh... have been considering doing so after all this time.

Fringe, bit too crime/drama for me... the science side does interest me though. Would you recommend same?

JSmith
I would definitely recommend Fringe. Lots of interesting science fiction, with an overarching plot. And of course, Walter.

sealman

Forum Donor
I second Beforeigners.

Also:
Hinterland (Welsh)
Hidden (Welsh)
Art of Crime (French)
Bosch
The Irregulars
Vincenzo (Korean) Highly recommended - but it's a commitment - 20 episodes, each about 1hr 20 minutes
Jack Irish - both the movies and the series (Australian)
Mystery Road (Australian)
The Circuit (Australian)
WPC 56 (UK)
Warrior Nun
Paranoid (UK)

Just to name a few!
Wow someone else actually likes Warrior Nun!

Unground

If you have kids the right age, The Mysterious Benedict Society on Disney+ is excellent. Another gorgeous looking presentation and lots of fun.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sweet Home on Netflix

Northern Exposure (don't know where it's streamed, but Amazon probably sells a boxed set).

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So many, many great TV series to choose from. Some personal favorites that come to mind, in no particular order, though doubtless there a dozen more I'm forgetting ...

= Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, 1979, (starring Sir Alec Guinness' brilliant performance0
= Smiley's People, 1982, excellent sequel to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
= I, Claudius, 1976
= Breaking Bad, 2008-2013
= Happy Valley, 2014-2021, though I've only seen the first 3 seasons
= Homeland, 2011-2020
= The Expanse, 2015 to present
= X-Files, 1993-2018
= Gamer of Thrones, 2011-2019
= The Wire, 2002-2008
= The Sopranos, 1999-2007
= Rome, 2005-2007
= Narcos and Narcos: Mexico, 2015-2021
= Peaky Blinders, 2013-?

kickerofelves

So many, many great TV series to choose from. Some personal favorites that come to mind, in no particular order, though doubtless there a dozen more I'm forgetting ...

= Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, 1979, (starring Sir Alec Guinness' brilliant performance0
= Smiley's People, 1982, excellent sequel to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I recently finished reading the TTSP & Smiley's People books before binge-watching the TV series. Le Carre's writing is outstanding as are both those series.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
Gorgonzola's choices great. Don't know if anyone has mentioned Paris Police 1900. In the BBC 4 Nordic slot recently, and as good as any!

daniel_chris

Game of thrones, Wheel of Time, Cowboy BeBOp, Gypsy.

Waiting for another exciting hollywood project by kit harrington (famous jon snow) - Extrapolations

merge-3-6-784x441.jpg

Ken1951

Just finished Season 6 of Lucifer. Well done finish to a wonderful series. Show always has super music as well. Also recently finished watching Grimm from start to finish. Good universe and characters.

D

Deleted member 23424

Potential spoilers mean that the trailer really doesn't do it justice, but this was an outstanding BBC 8 parter from a few years back.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Watch Money Heist on Netflix.
View attachment 169876
My suggestion would be don't watch it. I did and found the main premises to be both weak and unfulfilled.

First there is the notion of the super-genius criminal mastermind who anticipates every single move of his adversaries, principally the police of course, to triumph in the end. Totally unrealistic; as some general once said, "No plan survives first contact with the enemy".

Second is the bunch of crooks are deep-down just plain folks like us but, perhaps, victims of circumstance. If so, the show just doesn't prove it.

Third I'd say is the notion that these crooks really didn't steal anything and therefore that the "heist" really wasn't going to hurt anybody or even a crime in the moral sense. This is nonsense as the show itself ultimately proves since a large group is held hostage in fear for days and three people die in the process. Complete rubbish.

Finally the English title of the show, Money Heist, is rather stupid. The original Spanish title, translated "House of Money" is better, the house of money being the mint where paper currency is printed.

I gave this failed effort a 5/10 on IMDB.

Top Bottom