• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

Oldasdrt

I also really enjoyed Bad Sisters. I got it on AppleTV here in Oz.

Speaking of, Prime's TV series remake/re-imagine of Cronenberg's Dead Ringers is shaping up well so far (I'm only two episodes in). Might be hard work for dudes but pretty dark/funny/hardcore and a good match for my tastes. Rachel Weisz is great as the twins.
A little hard to get into, will give it some more time, Rachel is definitely good in it though,so far

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Science-Fiction Series.

My favorite is : The Expanse, one of the best TV Series IMHO...
but...

Battlestar Galactica which up to now, I had not watched ( Merci @Blumlein88) is worth re-watching. it is that good.
"The Peripherals" on Prime Video, excellent and, the dialog is to die for... Not only the wording, but the inflexion, a whole school of acting in these enunciations, carrying so much meaning... T'Nia Miller in particular is more than delicious ... Wow! Hope Season 2 doesn't disappoint...

So far in my opinion:
The Expanse
Battlestar Galactica
The Peripherals

are three of, perhaps the 3 best Sci-Fi series I have ever watched..

Peace.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes, and just could not get into it. Does it get better later in the season?
Oh Yes!
Absolutely. It requires more focused and attentive watching than the usual TV fare. It gets better as the episodes come, you may have to rewatch some of those.

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
We have Apple TV purely for Ted Lasso.
I was watching a short interview clip with Brett Goldstein (Roy Kent) where he mentioned Shrinking, also on Apple TV, which he is one of the creators.
So on somewhat of a lark, we tried it. We almost binged the whole first season over the weekend, it's so good and witty.
Watched a couple episodes of Mrs. Davis which is just out. It is different and interesting. Not sure what I think of it yet. Creative at least.
We are almost in the same boat, tried a few episodes and liked it so far. It's jut on the edge of corny sometimes but with enough of a serious tone at other times, I'm loving it, but that's a fine balancing act.

Oldasdrt

We have Apple TV purely for Ted Lasso.
I was watching a short interview clip with Brett Goldstein (Roy Kent) where he mentioned Shrinking, also on Apple TV, which he is one of the creators.
So on somewhat of a lark, we tried it. We almost binged the whole first season over the weekend, it's so good and witty.

We are almost in the same boat, tried a few episodes and liked it so far. It's jut on the edge of corny sometimes but with enough of a serious tone at other times, I'm loving it, but that's a fine balancing act.
The last thing he told me is pretty good so far also

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm getting into this Netflix series, The Diplomat; lead writer is Mia Chung, starring Keri Russell and Rufus Sewell ... other excellent actors.

It's good story of diplomatic machination centered on the US and British governments as affecting relations with Iran. There are subtle tributes to President Biden and, more obliquely, to VP Kamala Harris. What makes this series special is the humor, centering on the US ambassador to "The Court of St. James" and her husband, too often missing in sort of story line ...

Having viewed 4 episodes, I give it a solid 8/10* on the IMDB scale.

MV5BM2Y5YTFjMjEtM2Q0OS00NzhlLWFmYjQtZjczYzQ2NDI0NTRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTE1NjY5Mg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Last edited:

Oldasdrt

I'm getting into this Netflix series, The Diplomat; lead writer is Mia Chung, starring Keri Russell and Rufus Sewell ... other excellent actors.

It's good story of diplomatic machination centered on the US and British governments as affecting relations with Iran. There are subtle tributes to President Biden and, more obliquely, to VP Kamala Harris. What makes this series special is the humor, centering on the US ambassador to "The Court of St. James" and her husband, too often missing in sort of story line ...

Having viewed 4 episodes, I give it a solid 8/10* on the IMDB scale.

MV5BM2Y5YTFjMjEtM2Q0OS00NzhlLWFmYjQtZjczYzQ2NDI0NTRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTE1NjY5Mg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
I'm trying to get into it,
Cant be too good though if it is referencing Senile Joe:)

Last edited:

Oldasdrt

Not a Series in the way we are talking about, but good none the less
I Survived, on FYI

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hear you :). The Blacklist is worth watching especially if you can go to original pilot episode.

p12995016_b_v8_aa.jpg

Just finished season 4, episode 15. If you can look past some occasional typical Hollywood plot clichés the overarching storyline and characters are written and acted (for the most part) very well.

Martin

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Love and Death on HBO is quite excellent.

Somebody did a phenomenal job re-creating the sets for 1978. It is well written, a bit of a slow, but relentless burn. The lead character is excellent. Based upon a true story about a murder though there is lots of dramatization and filling in of things no one could know. In essence it seems to ring true to how I've seen marriages go wrong, and how people cling to an idea lying to themselves about what they are doing in order not to seem like "bad people".

Top Bottom