• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trying to hook up my iloud micros to my Audio technica LP3 -- problem

thenoobaudioguy

I've had my iLoud micros for a while now. I recently bought an Audio Technica LP3XBT and tried to connect it to my iLoud Micros. It started producing this weird bassy vibrating sound whenever I play my records (whether connected thru wired or bluetooth).
I then connected my laptop and phone to check if the speakers were the problem, and they worked just fine.
I also have a Marshall Action III, which doesnt act up when I connect my turntable.
The problem really is when I connect both my iLouds and turntable.
Hope you can let me know what is going on and how to fix this. I'm really a noob at this.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
You're probably getting mechanical/vibrational feedback from the speakers back into the turntable. Try moving the speakers off of the desk.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Back in the olden days, the difference between a good midrange turntable and an upper end model was having a subchassis (e.g. Dual 6xx vs. 7xx series). You found out the hard way why people put this much effort into vibration isolation. Putting the turntable onto a concrete slab supported by tennis balls should also work.

A vinyl rip done in silence will probably sound better than the same thing done in realtime for this reason.

Top Bottom