• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

True Wireless IEMs with EQ in App? (iOS)

Ste_S

With it being difficult to get system-wide EQ, or even manually adjustable EQ, on iOS, having an app for wireless IEMs that includes EQ is very helpful. I've tried Sennheiser, and their three-band EQ is a bit anaemic. Better is Sony with a five band EQ+Clear Bass, and their WF-C500 are pretty good for the price.

I've heard the JBL app can do PEQ, but have also read their IEMs have poor fit with oval shapped IEMs/tips.

Any other IEM/iOS app recommendations?

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Nothing Ear's app has a PEQ, saved on device, but I am not aware of its limitations. it doesn't look quite as capable as the better implementations (ex Qudelix).

The various JBL's built in EQ is quite capable but mostly if you have the means to measure the final result, as the values you enter won't necessarily correspond (ex the maximum slope seems to be limited). It is not a PEQ, it's a sort GEQ (and even if the app lets you choose the frequency, after you're done the curve you entered is fitted to what the GEQ is capable of doing).

Top Bottom