• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

dgnzcn

-If you ordered today, you wil certainly receive an L30 unit that has passed the 'troublesome' serial# range. It will have fixes, no worries.
-L30+E30 will certainly be cleaner output than your average Realteak headphone out :)

Thank you for your reply, the seller said the E30 will be in stock in March. Asked if I want to wait, do you think I should wait or go to other trusted products, despite reported issues, the E30 and L30 can be trusted.

jannek

First: No, Shenzhenaudio is an authorized Topping seller and for sure does not deliver any pre-2012 L30. So this should be fine. Your chances to get a 2012 version without ESD fix are rather low.
Second: This should be a big difference to any internal soundcard - Distortion and noise are a lot lower and the power of the L30 a lot higher.

edit: too late. :)

dgnzcn

First: No, Shenzhenaudio is an authorized Topping seller and for sure does not deliver any pre-2012 L30. So this should be fine. Your chances to get a 2012 version without ESD fix are rather low.
Second: This should be a big difference to any internal soundcard - Distortion and noise are a lot lower and the power of the L30 a lot higher.

edit: too late. :)

Hello and thanks,
What you mean about "too late" ?

dgnzcn

E30 and L30 are these products strong enough,? I do not want them to deteriorate quickly and I want to use them for a long time. I wonder if it is possible to get comments from users?

companyja

I don't see why these parts can't last a very long time. Sure a lot of boutique stuff has fancier components and is expected to perhaps last longer but even with very high-quality stuff you have to repair and maintain them once in a while. And of course with such a high-volume product such as these devices, some are inevitably going to fail. If you're worried about longevity there surely are a lot more expensive products that might last longer. Otherwise in this price range, as long as the L30 failures are sorted with these fixes, there isn't anything suggesting they'd last longer or shoter than other $100-$150 gear

threni

Major Contributor
E30 and L30 are these products strong enough,? I do not want them to deteriorate quickly and I want to use them for a long time. I wonder if it is possible to get comments from users?

They were both only launched last year - the L30 only six months ago - so it's probably a bit too early to tell. For what it's worth I have the E30 and it seems rather strong to me; the outer case is made of metal. My car is made of metal and has lasted over 12 years.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought an E30 from Apos "used" but looked brand new and has worked flawlessly for about 6 months or more- can't remember when I bought it but 0 problems. Also have a D70 I bought a couple years ago when it came out and couldn't be happier with their performance.

Bsdzilla

It looks like only the incorrectly functioning DC protection has been addressed. Personally I would have liked to see the shaft grounded (easy to do).
I've looked at that, and measured 4.5v ac between the shaft and the ground plane. Have not checked where this comes from, but I would recommend finding that out before just shorting the shaft to ground.
I did solder a small wire to the ground plane and attached it to a 2mm bolt in a hole I drilled in the backplate.

Attachments

• IMG_8253.JPG
    IMG_8253.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 219

dgnzcn

Hello i contacted to Shenzhenaudio Store for about L30 serial number, and my new bought L30 serial number 2012+ do I have to worry about it?
Are there newer versions?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
As mentioned before.
When you get one delivered and it is 2012xxxx serial number simply remove the 4 screws on the back and check if you see the gold pin.
If this is the case you're fine.
If it doesn't have one, contact your seller and get it replaced.
When the Serial number is above 21xxxxx then you got the latest one and also do not need to worry.

raif71

Major Contributor
Hello i contacted to Shenzhenaudio Store for about L30 serial number, and my new bought L30 serial number 2012+ do I have to worry about it?
Are there newer versions?
Just visited a local audio shop here, 2102xxxx L30 already arrive in malaysia. :)

dgnzcn

I contacted to Topping about the serial number and here their answer:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting TOPPING support. We are happy to assist.

I'm sorry I can't tell you the latest batch, because this is not the information that the after-sales department can grasp.

If you are very mind this, you could try to consult your seller.

Best Regards

dgnzcn

I also write shenzhgenaudio they say L30 version is starting 2012+ and they say this is most recently new version.

Then i cancalled my new order i will wait about 1-2 months for new batch similar like this 2101+ serial numbers

raif71

Major Contributor
verry nice for you
I think you misunderstood. I did not get my replacement yet and I didn't buy my L30 from this particular shop but as it is, the 2102xxxx batch is already selling at the shop and also people who got replacement L30 from that shop will be getting the 2102xxxx units. :)

Top Bottom