• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The E70 and L70, which are the upper models of the E50 and L50, are introduced.
The release date is October 25th. I'm curious what the content is.
When both are expected to be SINAD 120+, what is left to wonder are features and price.

Toku

Major Contributor
When both are expected to be SINAD 120+, what is left to wonder are features and price.
The width of the cases of the E70 and L70 has increased considerably, so they probably have a built-in power supply.
Moreover, an electronic volume is adopted as the volume.
I'd guess the price is in the US$300-$400 range, but it could be higher due to the current social climate.
My main interest is the DAC chip used in the E70. Well tomorrow we'll know everything.

Eldus

I had high hopes for the PA7 due to the PA5 situation.
It is not in the lineup this time, but it may appear after this.
If it were to be, my guess would be Q1-2 of 2023.

Toku

Major Contributor
The E70 seems to make good use of the old ES9028pro to improve performance and reduce costs at the same time.
If this spec is true, what kind of magic did Topping use again?

Last edited:

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The E70 makes good use of the old ES9028pro to improve performance and reduce costs.

Apos availability also. $350 each

RHO

Major Contributor
The E70 makes good use of the old ES9028pro to improve performance and reduce costs.

Who needs improved performance? No new features to speak of. Not interested.

Sokel

Master Contributor
The E70 seems to make good use of the old ES9028pro to improve performance and reduce costs at the same time.
If this spec is true, what kind of magic did Topping use again?

Magic is what it needs to hear the improvement (which is admirable) or to see new features.
I was really expecting something new,honestly.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Who needs improved performance? No new features to speak of. Not interested.
There is 12V trigger, for some users this is very important.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As expected, everything measures perfectly.

RHO

Major Contributor
There is 12V trigger, for some users this is very important.
Import enough to upgrade their current DAC? That would be an expensive 12V trigger.

edit: I admit that for someone looking for a DAC and AMP, that doesn't already have a good one, it is a good looking stack. If the prices are correct the performance is quite good.

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor
Reactions: MCH

STX

Hi everyone, i'd like to report briefly my experience with my Topping E50:
Tidal Hifi plus: TIDAL app on PC --> USB--> E50 in exclusive mode AND TIDAL app on android phone --> Chromecast audio --> Toslink --> E50 simultaneously
I could play both devices at the same time (even if it should not be possible) so i made an A-B listening comparison using the E50 remote, switching input on the fly. Best scenario ever ))
ARCAM P85 power amplifier, Martin logan 15i bookshelf speakers (+ wharfedale subwoofer for a little help)
I did play TIDAL MASTERS playlist (MQA) and my playlist of random tracks in hifi quality (44/16)
RESULTS?
Well... absolutely the same sound, no differences whatsoever between the two, even volume was spot on (i did us E50 in preamp mode to control volume). MQA was identical to PCM 16/44 from chromecast audio. Sound is cristal clear, spacious, dynamic, a bit "digital" but speakers and DAC are brand new...

Any opinions? I'm baffled

Jim_VN

I am using L30 ii to mix&master with hd600. I'm deciding between the e50 and the d30 pro, because the d30 pro is a bit over my budget, but if the d30 pro is really different, I can afford it. i just need a good sounding DAC and no other extra features!

one more thing, with 5v input source can i use my pc's usb 3.0 port, cause that would be much more convenient, is there something wrong with this?

Thank you and sorry for my poor english!

Last edited:

Eldus

Tôi đang sử dụng L30 ii để kết hợp với tai nghe hd600. Tôi quyết định giữa e50 và d30 pro, vì d30 pro hơi quá ngân sách của tôi, nhưng nếu d30 pro thực sự khác biệt, tôi có thể mua được. tôi chỉ cần một tính năng tốt và không có bổ sung các tính năng khác!
một điều nữa, với nguồn đầu vào 5v, tôi có thể sử dụng cổng usb 3.0 của máy tính của tôi không, vì điều đó sẽ thuận tiện hơn nhiều, có lỗi gì với cái này không?
Cảm ơn bạn và xin lỗi vì tiếng anh kém của tôi!
Google Translate "I am using L30 ii to combine with hd600 headphones. I decided between the e50 and the d30 pro, as the d30 pro is a bit over my budget, but if the d30 pro is really different, I can afford it. I just need a good feature and no additional features! one more thing, with 5v input source can i use my pc's usb 3.0 port, cause that would be much more convenient, is there something wrong with this? Thank you and sorry for my poor english!"

The E50 does need power separate from the USB for audio. It would work to use 2 USB ports from a computer, one to power it and one to carry the digital audio signal.

Jim_VN

Google Dịch " Tôi đang sử dụng L30 ii để kết hợp với tai nghe hd600. Tôi đã quyết định giữa e50 và d30 pro, vì d30 pro hơi vượt quá ngân sách của tôi, nhưng nếu d30 pro thực sự khác biệt, tôi có thể mua được. Tôi chỉ cần một tính năng tốt và không cần tính năng bổ sung! một điều nữa, với nguồn đầu vào 5v, tôi có thể sử dụng cổng usb 3.0 của máy tính của tôi không, vì điều đó sẽ thuận tiện hơn nhiều, có gì sai với điều này không? Cảm ơn bạn và xin lỗi vì tiếng anh kém của tôi ! "

E50 không cần nguồn điện riêng biệt với USB cho âm thanh. Nó sẽ hoạt động khi sử dụng 2 cổng USB từ máy tính, một để cấp nguồn và một để truyền tín hiệu âm thanh kỹ thuật số.
thanks i fixed it! what about d30 pro?

Top Bottom