• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 to headphones

dgnzcn

Friends, i will use for my E30 with my computer. Am i use with USB cable or spdif cable? which are you recommended?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Friends, i will use for my E30 with my computer. Am i use with USB cable or spdif cable? which are you recommended?

I would just use USB unless you experience noise, and if so, consider spdif .

dgnzcn

Can you recommend me usb cablo or spdif cablo brand, it is not too expensive? Or if I simply use a printer usb cable?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you recommend me usb cablo or spdif cablo brand, it is not too expensive? Or if I simply use a printer usb cable?

Go with the printer one if its long enough. Amazon Basics or similar if you need new.

dgnzcn

Go with the printer one if its long enough. Amazon Basics or similar if you need new.
Thanks for reply,

Can it be used by connecting from the line output of the Technics cd player to the line input e30?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for reply,

Can it be used by connecting from the line output of the Technics cd player to the line input e30?

RCA outputs (l&R) on the Technics? No- the RCA on the E30 are for analog outputs to your amp, not inputs. The E30 takes digital signals and converts to analog, that and that only. What are you planning on doing with the E30?

dgnzcn

I will use it with E30 and l30. I also want to connect a cd player to my e30, but it will be used on the computer first. Maybe I plug the digital output of the cd player into the e30, and use the usb part with the computer, right?

Here cd player dijital output can it?

Attachments

• kaydet.jpg
    kaydet.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 109

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I will use it with the e30 and l30. I also want to connect a cd player to my e30, but it will be used primarily on the computer.

Then you will need to connect your CD to the E30 with either a coax SPDIF cable (basically a single RCA cable) from a coax out on the CD to the Coax in of the E30 , or an optical cable if the CD has that as well/ instead of a coax digital. Line output/ input refers to analog signal at a standard level- not digital.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I will use it with E30 and l30. I also want to connect a cd player to my e30, but it will be used on the computer first. Maybe I plug the digital output of the cd player into the e30, and use the usb part with the computer, right?

Yes- get an amazon basics toslink optical cable- run from that black square digital output to the optical on the e30- sorted.

Veri

Master Contributor

You can only connect digital out to E30.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Correct, i understood.
If i connect it, how about the sound quality?

I think thats one for you to figure out. In theory- bit perfect to the DAC.

dgnzcn

Can i use with this cd-player from digital output connector to e30 in?
Or am i use dvdrw on my computer, is it same quality about audio quality?

Attachments

• 652265123_4.jpg
    652265123_4.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can i use with this cd-player from digital output connector to e30 in?
Or am i use dvdrw on my computer, is it same quality about audio quality?

Yes, the e30 can accept coaxial digital, optical digital and usb digital and you can plug 3 devices in , one in each socket. So you could have the Technics CD into optical, that Marantz into coaxial digital and PC into USB and select source on the e30.

I cant tell you about the quality of any of those connections but I see no reason why all shouldnt be bit perfect. Whatever works best for you.

dgnzcn

I decided to convert the music album cd's to flac with dvd-rw on the computer, which program should I use?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I decided to convert the music album cd's to flac with dvd-rw on the computer, which program should I use?

Take your pick- I used dBPoweramp to rip all mine

dgnzcn

Hello friends,
Are these settings sufficient for quality cd to flac copying, or is there a better quality setting?

Attachments

• flac.jpg
    flac.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 79
  • opt.jpg
    opt.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSP.jpg
    DSP.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 79

Thomas_bati

I write here because I saw the post question is similar. If I wanted to connect headphones directly to the dac via RCA to Jack adapter would it be possible? Maybe putting it in pre-amp mode to change the volume?
51BHG6sRWNL._SL1001_.jpg

Top Bottom