• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX5

inscythe

The performance specs seem identical to the EX5 or am I imagining things ?
Well, it does seem identical on paper, but some components seem to have been updated to a higher grade ones. Whether it is an audible improvement, let's just wait for a review.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Apos posted the price: 450 usd.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Apos page shows the typical Topping marketing images including measurements.

cheapmessiah

I totally missed the mark with the guesstimation of the price, 450$ sounds kind of insane when you put it next to the dx3pro+, this unit costs more than double of the dx3 for not that much extra performance or features.

It looks very nice tho, and a lot of people do want an AiO thats not a square box.

bahamot

If you're into mqa, dx5 has full mqa decoding support on its coax and optic inputs.

audiofun

I totally missed the mark with the guesstimation of the price, 450$ sounds kind of insane when you put it next to the dx3pro+, this unit costs more than double of the dx3 for not that much extra performance or features.

It looks very nice tho, and a lot of people do want an AiO thats not a square box.
I told you so...
Yes DX3Pro+ is the value king. It's even better than the DX5 as there's no MQA support.

HappyMetalGuy

From the teardown I would say this won't be cheap. although it looks like a EX5 there are notable differences --- CPLD clock solution, higher grade caps, 4 pairs of IV conversion, OPA1612 instead of cheaper opamps, new case (although IMHO very ugly). I guess it would cost much more than EX5 --- at least $500.

DX3Pro+ is still the cost/performance winner. Good enough performance. HP and Line outs. One can easily extend the rear output to balanced.
How can you tell the OPA are the TI 1612 (i'm interested in buy one dx5)
Thanks

Top Bottom