• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3pro+ for connecting headphones to LG C2

thiccy_mous3

Hey all, I am somewhat new to the "hifi" audio world and was wondering if a Topping DX3pro+ would be a good idea to use as dac/amp for my tv? I really like the idea of having a remote to be able to control the volume. If there are any better options around the same price I would love to know. Also my current headphones are the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80ohm, but in the future I plan to upgrade to the hifiman Edition XS. Would this dac/amp be able to run them? I would greatly appreciate any help!

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If the TV has an optical output, than the DX3 Pro + should work.

Swtoby

But you may need to set your TV to output PCM audio for the optical out. The Topping won't handle Dolby Digital.

OP
T

thiccy_mous3

I was actually about to ask about that. The whole pcm vs bitstream thing had me a little confused. Like would it be better to go through and set each device to output pcm or just let the tv handle it for only the optical out? Is the tv able to convert a bitstream signal to pcm?

Swtoby

The TV might be able to handle it. If not, you'll get either silence or an unpleasant static noise in which case you would probably need to switch to PCM on your other devices.

OP
T

thiccy_mous3

Ok thanks for the heads up! I’ll plan to get the dx3 pro+, and come back here to let everyone know how it went.

OP
T

thiccy_mous3

So I got my Dx3 pro+ yesterday and when I connected it to my pc it makes my headphones sound better than ever before. The problem happens when I connect it to the optical output on my lg c2. About every 3-10 seconds there is a very audible skip that is very noticeable. After doing some looking into it seems like a common problem, but none of the threads seem to have a fix. So was just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this? Would greatly appreciate any help!

Top Bottom