• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping dx1 idle

moonlightsonata

When I start PC topping DX1 light is muffled and keep phasing. And its not detected by PC. I have to take power cable out and plug it in again. It annoys a bit, any solution?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @moonlightsonata! Welcome to ASR.

One solution would be to make your own USB power/data splitter.

For this, you need a Delock 83176 or similar:
5c05315df15dc2.22026222.jpg

The DX1 would then be permanently powered on using a phone charger.

OP
M

moonlightsonata

Any ideas how to do it without playing with cables? Will this problem persist If I buy another DAC?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Any ideas how to do it without playing with cables? Will this problem persist If I buy another DAC?
Seems to be an issue with how your motherboard handles supplying power to USB accessories.

If your next DAC is also USB powered, then the issue is likely to persist.

It the DAC has its own power supply, then it'll probably be fine.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Check in device manager and turn off the power management check box for all your USB hubs and ports. Also if it's happened since last months Windows update, just remove the DAC with uninstall from device manager (but no need to uninstall the driver) and then unplug and plug in again to let it detect it. It's simple, but clears up a lot of problems with DACs.

Top Bottom