• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thoughts on a second hand Aune X1S Pro for 90$? (Retail price: 200$-300$)

Citrus

Hi there,

I've been the proud owner of a Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro (80ohm) for a couple years now, and I've been thinking about buying a dac/amp to drive them ever since I got them. After looking for a while I came to the conclusion that the Topping DX1 would be a safe/sensible choice considering my headphones and budget. The thing is, right before ordering it I thought about looking if there were any second hand alternatives around me, there weren't many offers but this one X1S Pro by Aune caught my eye, it's in great condition, sold with the original box, manuals and accessories. Now I had never heard of Aune before so it took quite a bit of googling to consider this a decent option if not better than the Topping, I reached out to the seller and after a short back and forth I managed to bring the price down to 90$, roughly 10$ cheaper than what the DX1 is selling for where I live.

To sum it up I'd like to get a dac/amp to drive a DT770 Pro (80ohm), the contenders are the Topping DX1 for 100$ and a second hand Aune X1S Pro for 90$ in great condition. I'm new to all this and I'd love to hear some opinions, I have a lot of questions but I tried to organize them in a more or less coherent way:
How good is the offer actually?
Is the X1S Pro actually better than the DX1 (as the price seems to indicate)?
Would it be a good fit for my DT770@80ohm?
Is it worth the extra risks of buying second hand?
Perhaps a third option worth considering?
Anything else I need to know?

Top Bottom