• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10 vs D50s

Orestes

Forum Donor
I now have a JDS Atom Amp and a Topping D10 DAC. I have an opportunity to get a D50s for a pretty good price. Do you think there would be a noticeable improvement in sound by replacing the D10 with the D50s?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I now have a JDS Atom Amp and a Topping D10 DAC. I have an opportunity to get a D50s for a pretty good price. Do you think there would be a noticeable improvement in sound by replacing the D10 with the D50s?

No... If the D10 works with no issues, the D50s will give you more features, but the sound will be no different. They are both transparent...which is everything you need.

Svperstar

For what its worth I have the D30 and D10. To my ears the D30 is slightly warmer but could be in the placebo realm. I doubt you would hear a difference between the D10 and D50.

OP
O

Orestes

Forum Donor
No... If the D10 works with no issues, the D50s will give you more features, but the sound will be no different. They are both transparent...which is everything you need.

Thank you!

OP
O

Orestes

Forum Donor
For what its worth I have the D30 and D10. To my ears the D30 is slightly warmer but could be in the placebo realm. I doubt you would hear a difference between the D10 and D50.

Thank you!

OP
O

Orestes

Forum Donor
The test measurements here mention that for the D50s, the ESS hump has been eliminated. I did not see a comparable measurement or comment for the D10. Does that mean the D10 has the ESS hump? I notice a brightness or sibilance with the D10 in some mid-range with several cans, even on a warm voice such as Cesaria Evora's. Could this be the result of the ESS hump? Also my cans are pretty new. Might this smooth out as they become burned in?

Top Bottom