• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tidal announces Tidal Connect

somy

Just tried it out with a Node 2. Works OK from Android phone and iPad.

Also, for the “can’t live without gapless brigade“, tried it with Abbey Road. Gapless seems to work OK too.

Only odd thing I noticed is the track time only updates every 5 seconds.
So it's already working? I thought it wasn't released yet.

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
So it's already working? I thought it wasn't released yet.

When I powered up the Node, the App asked if I wanted to update the firmware. Once updated, to my amazement, the Node appeared on my Tidal now playing list!!

somy

right, it seems that they include them only as "controller", not as "controlled". Hope to see them, some time in the next future, in the second category ;)
I hope that too! It’s useful for my HTPC :)

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
right, it seems that they include them only as "controller", not as "controlled". Hope to see them, some time in the next future, in the second category ;)

Sorry, maybe I don‘t understand your Use Case. As far as I can see it works perfectly.

I’m using It to connect from Android or iOS to Bluesound Node 2. I haven’t tried from Windows or Mac, but I would assume that also works. Is there another way to use it?

somy

Sorry, maybe I don‘t understand your Use Case. As far as I can see it works perfectly.

I’m using It to connect from Android or iOS to Bluesound Node 2. I haven’t tried from Windows or Mac, but I would assume that also works. Is there another way to use it?
I think people want to control tidal playback on computer using mobile phone as remote. A neat feature if you have htpc connecting to stereo.

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
I think people want to control tidal playback on computer using mobile phone as remote. A neat feature if you have htpc connecting to stereo.

Can you do that with Spotify Connect?

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
yes, of course. And it's very useful.

I guess my Use Case is much simpler than yours. Can’t imagine ever using a PC to listen to music in my living room. Although I realize that is the preferred method for many.

somy

I guess my Use Case is much simpler than yours. Can’t imagine ever using a PC to listen to music in my living room. Although I realize that is the preferred method for many.
Well this also means easy integration for low powered device like rpi. Guess in a few months time we’ll see tidal connect support in volumio and others :)

SWL3600

This is great news. Any word on when it will be available for Windows 10?

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Fair credit to Tidal, very useful addition. Hoping that Qobuz will follow suit. They've had a beta UPnP feature on their desktop app for a couple of years which doesn't appear to work for anybody, so I'm not holding my breath!

Glasvegas

Forum Donor
This is great news. Any word on when it will be available for Windows 10?

Just for you, I downloaded the app to my Windows 10 laptop to try it.

Works perfectly casting to a Bluesound Node2.

SWL3600

Just for you, I downloaded the app to my Windows 10 laptop to try it.

Works perfectly casting to a Bluesound Node2.
Like I do with Spotify.......I want to control the Tidal desktop app on my Windows 10 laptop with my phone.

At this point there is no option on Tidal's mobile app to do this yet. Has there been any indication when this option will be available?

SWL3600

Like I do with Spotify.......I want to control the Tidal desktop app on my Windows 10 laptop with my phone.

At this point there is no option on Tidal's mobile app to do this yet. Has there been any indication when this option will be available?
I don't know nuttin about no Bluesound Node....

Glasvegas

Forum Donor

Sorry, I don't know. I've exhausted my knowledge on this subject.

Just noticed on your profile that you don't have a streamer e.g. Bluesound Node. I guess that is the target equipment for this facility at the moment, not PC users.

OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

somy

strange that they don’t roll-out this feature with their desktop apps (as renderer)

RC231

Hopefully this rolls out to AVRs as well. I would consider switching from spotity to tidal for sound quality if I can connect to my denon AVR. I know I can use the heos app but I am lazy and spotify is so convenient.

Top Bottom