• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

this just came out of the RCA input of my subwoofer. can I just put it in there again?

dasdoing

Major Contributor
the cable was very tight, while unplugging it came out together.
it doesn't look like it was soldered

IMG_20220106_170846~2.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
the cable was very tight, while unplugging it came out together.
it doesn't look like it was soldered

View attachment 177251
O BoY! I've seen this with Monster Cable Turbine connectors. Very tight bite. Unfortunately I say you best disassemble the sub and survey the situation properly before cramming that back in.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Or just use the other input for now....if you have dual rca inputs....

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
that's what I am doing. but at some point I might need both

I don't know if by sticking it back in it will work....I'd take the amp off and see what I could do about replacing it altogether. Not much need for the second input, tho. When I run into too-tight rca plugs I find twisting/turning while you pull helps....but sometimes you have to loosen up the rca grip if its simply too high (or just change to a more reasonably equipped cable).

MRC01

Major Contributor
Yep, if you shove it back in and the tabs don't line up with the slots inside, metal will bend and connections may break. Best to take it apart to fix it properly. And use cables that don't grip as tight.

OP
dasdoing

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Not sure I can open it up, since it is still inside the 2 years warranty. but yea, I will probably never need 2 inputs at the same time

MRC01

Major Contributor
If it's still under warranty, you can send it back for repair. If a normal RCA cable pulled the plug off the board, the plug's connection to the board was defective.
BTW, this happened to me years ago with a CD player. I opened it up and reinstalled the plug. And learned 2 things: don't use connectors that are super tight, and twist (rotate) the connectors slightly while plugging & unplugging them.

Last edited:
OP
dasdoing

dasdoing

Major Contributor
If it's still under warranty, you can send it back for repair. If a normal RCA cable pulled the plug off the board, the plug's connection to the board was defective.
BTW, this happened to me years ago with a CD player. I opened it up and reinstalled the plug. And learned 2 things: don't use connectors that are super tight, and twist the connectors while plugging & unplugging them.

thanks but I wont go through the hussle of sending it out because of this.
guess I learned 2 things today lol

Top Bottom