• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The quintessential 90s pop song?

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Personally - and I mean for me only - 90s was all about this album. It sen't me on a whole new journey into music where music took on a new place in my mind. I know this was the tail end of the decade, but it was a "thing" for me.

eddantes

Also ... in the 90s we seemed to get angry and ugly... and music videos were glorious

Sorry - I deviated far from pop...

DMill

Forum Donor
Also ... in the 90s we seemed to get angry and ugly... and music videos were glorious

Sorry - I deviated far from pop...
I would consider both these songs pop. The 90s to me was when popular music became the most divergent. With boy bands, country, rap, R&B, soft rock, alt rock and metal all vying for Top50 Hits. I would put these two artists with smashing pumpkins in that goth/alt rock scene that was a pretty huge success. It was one of my least favorite decades as a rock and roll fan. At least there were a number of great female performances from Alanis, Sinead , bjork, Fiona, Annie Lennox among others IMO. To me the decade was notable as rap became the most popular genre of music surpassing rock.

Top Bottom