• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The maximum with the minimum: mini liquid music system with Aiyima A04

vincenzo

I have just received an Aiyima A04, purchased directly from the manufacturer's website in the version with LM4562NA opamps. I already had a Mean Well LRS 150-24v power supply (regulated at 30v) and a very good Bludento HD bluetooth receiver to make a mini desktop liquid music system with little expense. At the bricocenter I took from the leftovers a plexy cutout, a 6mm aluminum tube and a 4mm threaded rod.

Opening the amp I noticed a good construction compared to the price of the product, with quality components where they are needed and golden tracks on the board. The heatsink is well fixed to the chip and with 30v of power supply it warms very little. There are no ventilation holes on the case, certainly no dust will enter even after years of use.

When I turned on the A04 for the first time, I noticed that, despite the card being the same Tilear 3.1 as some time ago, the gain was recently adjusted to a factor of 34x (30.6 dB), i.e. 0.6 v to bring the amp near maximum power (about 70W for my 30V-5A power supply). For me this is an optimal value for line level sources, as you can take advantage of the full stroke of the potentiometer to finally reach the limits of the amplifier. Squeezing more power out of this amp would mean redesigning and resizing everything, including the case. But then it would be another amp ... As it is, it's already great for me. The power is there and it is more than enough for home listening with normally efficient speakers. The delicate transparency in all registers, combined with a good microdynamics and a present and authoritative low range, make the sound very enjoyable at acceptable sound volumes in a condominium (0.5-3.0 W), even after many hours.

After placing the mini system in the self-built rack, there is the convenience of having everything at hand on the desk and controlling everything via laptop or telephone. If I want to move around the house, the reception of Bludento never fails, the connection occurs automatically every time I turn on the laptop or phone.

A receiver, an amp and music that I can stream from anywhere in the house via files or internet. Simplicity, convenience, good sound. What more can I want? ...

Attachments

• IMG_0049 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0049 Large.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0050 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0050 Large.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0080 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0080 Large.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_0091 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0091 Large.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_0086 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0086 Large.jpeg
    366.3 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0090 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0090 Large.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
OP
V

vincenzo

For my mistake there are two identical threads. I kindly ask that one of the two be closed.

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was really hoping for a lot more liquid.

Did the Meanwell come with a terminal block cover? I know you didn't post a 'finished wiring' pic but I would recommend you cover the terminals, you don't want to reach back there (with fingers, cable etc) and touch something carrying AC. You can see the screw holes for the cover in your IMG0086. Also make sure whatever terminations on your AC cable are adequately protected.

OP
V

vincenzo

Unfortunately the power supply does not have a cover for the terminal block. However, it is not difficult to implement one with a little DIY. Anyone can certainly do better than that.
Streaming or file, no cabling (except a rca between receiver and amp). More "liquid" than that ;-)

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Does anyone know how the gain of the older A04 amp (production year about 2021) compares to the A07? I have never seen that spec comparison clearly. My A04 sounds good, but definitely has much lower maximum volume than my A07 using the same power supply.

Top Bottom