• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Motu Ultralite Mk5, and a PC. Now I can do all I want with minimum equipment.

xrqp

Forum Donor
Listen to stereo, or surround. Use Dirac Live suite w Bass Control. Use Roon. Add microphones, instruments (electric guitar), and karaoke thru the same system, with or without music playback. Record as desired. Use Emby or Plex thru the same system. Here is the system diagram.
my audio diagram 2024-02-19.png

You don't need guitar amp or PA. Nor a surround receiver. Get effects like reverb etc. without more hardware. Play everything thru your best amp and speakers, and with Dirac for all digital sources.

Link for PC hardware info. I use a cheap wireless keyboard w mouse pad (Logitech K400 Plus). I occasionally use an ipad or iphone, but so far only for Roon and volume with Roon. I only miss handheld remotes slightly since I am getting better and better with the keyboard. Of the max 7 channels USB gives, I use 2 of them for Dirac Sub L and Sub R, leaving 5 for surround. The CAT5 & USB are bi-directional but I don't know how to put arrow heads at both ends. I don't know if HDMI is bi-directional.

I hope this is what some of you may want. I am pretty excited I got it working.

Attachments

• my audio diagram 2024-02-19.png
    my audio diagram 2024-02-19.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Top Bottom