• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Book of Boba Fett - Dec 29

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So what was the point of the whole Luke sidetrack? Just some filler? Just another chance to get him back on screen again? It feels rather pointless now.

Often being described as a western in space, this very much fit the bill.
It was more slapstick than western. Run it at twice the speed and it looks like Benny Hill ;)

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Finally, Bane meets his end! That guy escaped way too many times in The Clone Wars. Although we were about to stop watching before the Mandalorian showed up.

1644554310446.png

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Run it at twice the speed and it looks like Benny Hill ;)
Well apart from those brightly coloured "speeders"... they would just look proper speed now instead of how slow they look at normal speed. :D
So what was the point of the whole Luke sidetrack? Just some filler? Just another chance to get him back on screen again? It feels rather pointless now.
I think it was to show that whilst not trained to a full Jedi, Grogu has had some training from the very best and passed on knowledge to Grogu from Yoda.

JSmith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it was to show that whilst not trained to a full Jedi, Grogu has had some training from the very best and passed on knowledge to Grogu from Yoda.
That is a whole lot of something for a whole lot of nothing…

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
That is a whole lot of something for a whole lot of nothing…
Yeah I know what you mean, but I reckon there will be more to it in S03 of The Mandalorian. I'm pretty partial to anything Star Wars, so tend to see the good and ignore the bad... large bias there.

JSmith

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I used to be a Star Wars obsessive, until the truly awful 'The Last Jedi', which pretty much killed Star Wars for me. 'The Force Awakens' was mediocre but at least it was a safe and inoffensive movie. Forgettable junk but at least it didn't make me hate Star Wars. 'The Rise of Skywalker' was incoherent and ridiculous, full of gaping holes but for all that it was nothing like as awful as 'The Last Jedi'.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Finally, Bane meets his end! That guy escaped way too many times in The Clone Wars. Although we were about to stop watching before the Mandalorian showed up.

View attachment 185797

From all the posts I’ve read it looks like everyone missed it. I’ll say it here first. Bane is not dead. A light on his chest piece was blinking. Mark my words - I guarantee they will bring him back.

Very cheesy season finale. Still, it was great Star Wars. I loved it.

Martin

digitalfrost

Major Contributor

I generally agree with everything he says here but I like the show regardless. It's fun, it's cool and sometimes maybe a bit goofy in that star wars kind of way. But it all fits together. I want more of that.

"to be consumed like a big mac". That's what I did and it was a good big mac.

Last edited:

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nobody dies in Star Wars, it's kind of like the A-Team without the tongue-in-cheek humour that made the A-Team enjoyable.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
For those unaware, Kotaku explains that the Bowlatronic was a tabletop gaming system released in 1981 that was meant to simulate bowling. While it never became as popular as other early gaming systems in the early 80's, the Bowlatronic certainly has a cult fanbase and can go for over $100 on eBay, especially if it is still in-box with the instructions included. Mika noted that he might not have even recognized it himself, had he not just purchased one. A very fun cameo for gamers, to say the least.

the-coleco-bowlatronic-makes-a-cameo-in-the-book-of-boba-fett-1644599380.jpg

JSmith

Darc

It's true, no one dies in Star Wars - maybe it used to be like that, because as far as I know, it wasn't Lucas who resurrected Maul (I might be wrong).
I am disappointed with the last episode, half can be cut - all they did was shoot the force field

Top Bottom