• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Book of Boba Fett - Dec 29

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was 14 when I watched Star Wars as it was released in the cinema. The only film I've queued up to watch. It was so epically better than anything that had gone before I think it actually genetically changed me so I am unable to dislike any Star Wars universe output.

Though I could do without any more "even bigger death star" films if anyone with influence in the franchise is watching.

I'm saving Boba for more episodes being out so I can binge.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Having seen the 2nd episode, I don't think it equals the Mandalorian yet, but it isn't bad. A bit slower than need be perhaps.

charleski

Major Contributor
I lost interest in Star Wars, it all seemed to get a bit silly
Wait ... you're saying that a series of films inspired by classic Flash Gordon matinée serials from the '30s is ... silly? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked! :)

As is often the case, it only really started to get silly when it started to take itself seriously.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The little backstory episode was interesting.
I watched it after the two episodes available.

I like it so far. Not great but not terrible.

Andysu

Major Contributor
so is this woke disney star wars, about boba signing his new book at book stores?

I have 0 interest in anything made by disney lucasfilm. I never cared for disney baby yodi or whatever the hell it was. Tell me when originals get theatrical release with original mixes and decent picture quality otherwise I couldn't care less about boba and his disney book.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
I'm really enjoying this so far. My suggestion is not to compare it to The Mandalorian, but take it on it's own merit for the different story this is trying to tell. I agree @voodooless, there feels like there are some big events to come in this show. Think of it as one long movie...

JSmith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm really enjoying this so far. My suggestion is not to compare it to The Mandalorian, but take it on it's own merit for the different story this is trying to tell. I agree @voodooless, there feels like there are some big events to come in this show. Think of it as one long movie...
Well, two more episodes on I like it less and less.. I really hope this big event will come soon, otherwise, I will lose interest.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, two more episodes on I like it less and less.. I really hope this big event will come soon, otherwise, I will lose interest.
I'm leaning that way now. It should have gotten better already, and the episodes are still laboring on as if laying groundwork for a real interesting story. Let's get on with it.

MrOtto

Great show. Excellent soundtrack and music. The same with The Mandalorian. Ludwig Göransson did a great job. Excellent screenplay and visual effects also.

charleski

Major Contributor
Bobba Fett is Dead
“All we need now is a subplot in which he adopts a baby version of Yoda and spends at least two episodes wiping sick off its chin.”
OMG, Bobba Fett babysits Baby Yoda! That would be awesomesauce!!!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Bobba Fett is Dead
“All we need now is a subplot in which he adopts a baby version of Yoda and spends at least two episodes wiping sick off its chin.”
OMG, Bobba Fett babysits Baby Yoda! That would be awesomesauce!!!
Funny how they thought Rise of Skywalker was good :facepalm: I guess you can't always be right... But on this one, they definitely have a point.

D

Deleted member 23424

The Mandalorian was one of the crappiest TV runs I've ever endured. It was just The Littlest Hobo but with space lazers instead of dogs. Moronic drivel, much like The Expanse. If it wasn't for my youthful Star Wars infatuation I wouldn't have even finished it. So I have little hope for this rehashed rehash.

Reactions: JRS

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I haven't seen any of it so can't comment on whether it is good or bad (one of my hates is people being opinionated about stuff they haven't read, listened to or watched). However on the character of Bona Fett, as I understand it the story is that after escaping from the Sarlac he spent a long time with the Tusken Raiders. There's a lot of potential there for character development and to explore how the experience of the Sarlac followed by living with the Tusken Raiders changed him. So in itself going from ultimate bad ass to social justice warrior is not necessarily incoherent or silly if well written. Not saying that's how I would want him developed but it's a valid line of development others might like. No idea how they are developing it in the show as I haven't watched.
I think the real problem is the franchise concept which sees production companies repackaging the same stories, reinventing wheels, inserting their own vision of established characters and structures into established stories etc over and over, generally doing a bit more damage to the original with each iteration.
If I look at the sequel trilogy, the first one just repackaged episode 4, the second one took a wrecking ball to the characters from the original trilogy and the third one was a vain attempt to try and make something of the first two. There was clearly no real vision for the story, it was all very derivative and clichéd and ultimately felt like lazy and inept story telling carried along by great special effects and residual affection for the originals. I did watch the Mandalorian and I will say it was orders of magnitude better than the sequel trilogy, but at the same time if it hadn't been riding on the back of the Star Wars brand my rating of it would probably be average - nothing special. The original trilogy had a beginning, a middle and an end, I can't help feeling it might have been better to leave it at that. However, I love the Thrawn stories, in a completely different league to the junk of the movie sequels

JRS

Major Contributor
The Mandalorian was one of the crappiest TV runs I've ever endured. It was just The Littlest Hobo but with space lazers instead of dogs. Moronic drivel, much like The Expanse. If it wasn't for my youthful Star Wars infatuation I wouldn't have even finished it. So I have little hope for this rehashed rehash.
Agree about the expanse. Why cant we have some complex characters, adult converation, and more story twists. The effects were fantastic, and setting/plot even w/o alien I thought (that was expected--couldn't have a sci fi w/o aliens, right?) were fine. And then whoever wrote it idumbed it down for a 5'th grade audience. And however flung into the future, still fighting with projectile weapons that missed almost all the time? Come on.

D

Deleted member 23424

Agree about the expanse. Why cant we have some complex characters, adult converation, and more story twists. The effects were fantastic, and setting/plot even w/o alien I thought (that was expected--couldn't have a sci fi w/o aliens, right?) were fine. And then whoever wrote it idumbed it down for a 5'th grade audience. And however flung into the future, still fighting with projectile weapons that missed almost all the time? Come on.
There's definitely a solid world/premise in there somewhere, just unfortunate they gave scriptwriting duties to the team behind Murder She Wrote and tasked casting and production to Beverly Hills 90210.

Boba Fett, on the other hand, had absolutely nowt commendable whatsoever. Beyond awful.

Reactions: JRS
Top Bottom