• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thank you ASR for preventing me buying…

sjeesjie

Once every so much time I seem to get drawn very close to the rabbithole. Somehow I manage to think that buying certain stuff will make my audio gear sound better. But luckily there is ASR!
Whenever I’m about to buy into stupid stuff, I turn to this forum to get both feet on the ground again.
Thank you great forum for having prevented me from buying:
- all kinds of crazy addons for my raspberry pi
- $100+ power cables
- Linear Power Supplies

For this I salute you!

Katji

Major Contributor
Sorry off-topic, but interesting word, the user name. I wondered why -jie not -je, so I checked it all in google.translate. :)

Todd k

Forum Donor
I would also like to thank ASR from keeping me from audio rabbit holes. This is the best audio site on the web. Even though I don’t get a lot of the science/technical stuff I get the gist of it and I believe it has help me to better enjoy my favorite hobby. Thanx Amir.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, actually it was a bit too late for ASR to prevent me from buying an item, but...

Before I joined I'd bought a USB Regen from Uptone Audio. Mostly as a "what the hell, just in case" thing. But Amirm's review showed it was useless at best. So it sat in it's box unused for a long time. I finally got around to selling it a while back, but the buyer sent it back to me saying it didn't work, was broken. So now I still have the damned thing to get rid of.

Trell

Major Contributor
The reviews here was important data points for me buying the RME ADI-2 DAC FS and the Genelec monitors (including subwoofer). The ADI-2 DAC is transparent, measure lower than other SOTA DACs/headphone amps, but has features that I value like dynamic loudness and PEQ along with a very powerful headphone amp. The measurements of the reviewed Genelecs showed a pretty good match with Genelecs published specs for several monitors, and that is a very good sign when buying something not reviewed like my 8330A.

MaxRockbin

I can't buy anything anymore. I just compare charts and graphs. New hobby, I guess. :)

Top Bottom