• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Testing Tidal MQA “masters” on HD800s / Fiio k9pro MQA dac/amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It was a few years ago, so I can't be sure, but I think I ran the tracks through Audition and they all came up with virtually identical loudness levels. Unfortunately 2L are reorganising their website and the testbench page is down right now, I hope they'll put it up again since it was quite useful.
Ah, so you only did a visual comparison and looks at a few loudness values. I would not expect to see a lot there indeed.

You'd have to do a proper null test to really find out how big the differences are, core decoded MQA vs the same (resulting) sample rate original.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Elon has taught the world recently with the cleanup of Twitter that people should be allowed to express themselves and have fun
He is making some kind of example. None of it relates to uncontrolled subjective assessment of audio formats though.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
He is making some kind of example. None of it relates to uncontrolled subjective assessment of audio formats though.
It does relate to making fun of people and calling them out though ;) Seems he's quite adept at doing that, for better or worse... ;)

sq225917

Major Contributor
Restricting freedom of speech is probably not the best way to conduct this forum.
I'm not trying to restrict your freedom of speech, I'm just pointing out that no one cares about opinions on this site, yours, mine or anyone else's.

So making a long post about what you think you hear is pointless, no one cares. You've come to the wrong site to take about what you think you hear.

If you have a nice little AB test to tell us about we're all ears.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Sorry but we don’t do MQA debates here. It’s an endless nonsensical discussion about how it sounds versus what it might or might not be doing. It always ends poorly and creates division and hostility between ASR members. So yeah. I think we’re done here….

P.S.: Full disclosure I listen to Tidal and have no issues with how MQA sounds. I also have years of accumulated hearing loss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom