• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Test of Dayton Audio DSP-408

cdrat

Has any serious testing been done on the Dayton Audio DSP-408? It seems to have amazing capabilities and at a fraction of the cost of corresponding Minidsp products. I would like to know if my old ears could tell the difference, I assume others have to be considering it.

I don't mind a little more convoluted interface, I am looking a the ideal low cost crossover for my Magnepans with dual subwoofers; set and forget. A four way dsp would be ideal.

If it exists, sorry if I have missed it, all I can find is "it may be noisy" sort of comments. I would have assume that Amir would have done a test already and could not find it.

Thanks

jaakkopetteri

It has an ADAU1701 chip without external ADC/DAC so expect performance similar to the 3E audio board, for example. Not great but not awful considering the price. Although I don't see the DSP-408 being a fraction of the cost of a 2x4HD

Top Bottom