• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tannoy TD12

Ghezo

Dear All,
I have the opportunity to buy a pair of Tannoy Dimension TD12 Speakers at what I think a good price.
I have a quite large and high listening room (An attic with non-parallel walls).
reviews seems to be excellents.
I saw some measurements on the internet but I cannot interpret them.
Stereophile Tannoy td12 measurement

Can you help me if the measurements are as good as the reviews are ?

Thanks !
Georges

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Have you owned Tannoys before, I wouldn’t set much/any store in subjective reviews.
Keith

flipflop

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Can you help me if the measurements are as good as the reviews are ?
The measurements are awful. The frequency response is meant to be flat and smooth. This one is a roller coaster. You can get speakers with better sound quality for $200.
The review is also from 2003. That's 17 years ago. What was considered good then can't be assumed to be good now.

OP
G

Ghezo

The measurements are awful. The frequency response is meant to be flat and smooth. This one is a roller coaster. You can get speakers with better sound quality for $200.
The review is also from 2003. That's 17 years ago. What was considered good then can't be assumed to be good now.

Super, Thanks for your advice !
I'll let them g away to another buyer ;)

Have a nice day and thanks a lot for your time and reply!

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

That actually does not look awful at all to me. Ragged, but the narrow Q deviations shouldn't be as audible as they look, directivity is smooth, if narrow, and they are overally timbrally flat(remember stereophile doenst compensate for baffle step so bass gets booster 4-6 dB).

OP
G

Ghezo

Hmmm
Seems to be difficult.
The speaker is far away from me then it's really difficult to me to go and listen if I'm not pretty sure of the quality.
And surely not of the result in my room :(

This was at time a 12.000€ pair of speaker. then little less than 4k was for me pretty good.
I'll wait for better offer in second hand.

Maybe someone on this forum owned it and can say why he keeped it or resell it.

Thanks for all your reply.

Top Bottom