• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 34 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 244 86.5%

• Total voters
Will the space outperform my lg g8x quad dac and amp?
I have the LG V60 with the same (or similar) DAC/Amp. The Space does indeed out perform the built in headphones for power, even in unbalanced mode (standard 3.5mm). When using balanced phones/IEMs it's not close in terms of sheer output. As far as the DAC quality, I can't personally hear any difference, but I haven't measured anything (they both sound great). It would be interesting to get some actual measurements for the G8X/V60 series.

Eddie

Anyone having issues connecting to PC? It lights up and then turns off immediately.
Do you use it on Windows 10/11? If so does it work with WASAPI? And does it "pop" when starting to play or when stopping or when changing the sample rate?

Eddie_Vanjovi

Do you use it on Windows 10/11? If so does it work with WASAPI? And does it "pop" when starting to play or when stopping or when changing the sample rate?
No, no. I just had it in a usb port that didn't have enough power.

s9_0d1n

41801890.jpg

Anyone else having problems with a changed OTG cable + tanchjim space?
More specifically I'm trying to replace the default cable with a 90 degrees variant from DDHIFI and don't get any sound out of the thing.
The 90 degrees cable helps me a lot when using with a phone...it makes the phone much more "pocketable" without risking undue stress to the usb C connector and socket while the phone moves in my pocket.

The variant I'm using is in the picture...link found here: https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/401430.html

I tried with another "normal" USB C cable from another adapter and that one doesn't work either.
Anything all that "special" in the default cable that I should be aware of?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
41801890.jpg

Anyone else having problems with a changed OTG cable + tanchjim space?
More specifically I'm trying to replace the default cable with a 90 degrees variant from DDHIFI and don't get any sound out of the thing.
The 90 degrees cable helps me a lot when using with a phone...it makes the phone much more "pocketable" without risking undue stress to the usb C connector and socket while the phone moves in my pocket.

The variant I'm using is in the picture...link found here: https://www.ddhifi.com/productinfo/401430.html

I tried with another "normal" USB C cable from another adapter and that one doesn't work either.
Anything all that "special" in the default cable that I should be aware of?
Just tested. Swapped for a generic no name black USB C to USB C cable , works fine. Maybe a setting on your phone? I dont think the no name cable is OTG, maybe that needs you to change the USB settings on your phone to data not just charge?

s9_0d1n

Just tested. Swapped for a generic no name black USB C to USB C cable , works fine. Maybe a setting on your phone? I dont think the no name cable is OTG, maybe that needs you to change the USB settings on your phone to data not just charge?
Just tried again, first with my Dell Precision laptop+Tidal app (worked) and then with my samsung phone + UAPP (worked).
Not sure what was different as I didn't change any setting on the phone, must have made an incomplete connection of some sort last time, even though UAPP detected the insertion the previous time as well and asked if it can "take exclusive control"...and I allowed it to, it was just not playing sound :).
Oh well, if it happens again I'll dig further ... if not, I'll be happy it's working.
Thanks for testing!

staticV3

Master Contributor
Take a look at the xDuoo X-C12: https://xduoo.net/product/type-c-to-type-c-audio-cable/

It's even more compact for even less stress on the Type-C plugs. I use it with my phone all the time and I love it!

MCH

Major Contributor
1000021151.jpg
Need to find the right size though. The one in the picture is for relatively thick devices, but probably fine if you use a protective case for your smartphone.
If too thin, you can glue some foam to it until it fits.

Last edited:

s9_0d1n

Take a look at the xDuoo X-C12: https://xduoo.net/product/type-c-to-type-c-audio-cable/

It's even more compact for even less stress on the Type-C plugs. I use it with my phone all the time and I love it!
Thanks, will look into that one if the current one breaks or becomes wiggly.
Although the ddhifi one seems "nicer" in terms of build and there's a local store carying it, which is helpful for quick replacements :).
Getting Chinese or US stuff in Romania (EU in general I guess...) takes a while and usually means paying customs fees and VAT on top of sales price.

FDM

Buenos días. Soy nuevo y no tengo conocimientos de acústica electrónica, así que no soy de mucha utilidad. Pero he recibido el Tanchjim Space y quiero compartir las imágenes del software que lo acompaña por si le sirve a alguien. Un saludo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-01-13-09-07-028_com.tanchjim.chengmao.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-01-13-09-07-028_com.tanchjim.chengmao.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_2023-09-01-13-09-21-371_com.tanchjim.chengmao.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-01-13-09-21-371_com.tanchjim.chengmao.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_2023-09-01-13-09-37-103_com.tanchjim.chengmao.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-01-13-09-37-103_com.tanchjim.chengmao.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 124

Veri

Master Contributor
Good morning. I'm new and have no knowledge of electronic acoustics, so I'm not much use. But I have received the Tanchjim Space and want to share the images of the accompanying software in case it is useful to anyone. Best regards
Thanks for the screenshots. Please translate back to the forum language (English) in the future, so all can understand :)
Cheers

FDM

Perfect no problem. By the way, the filter that appears in the image is the one I have chosen. Surprisingly, there is quite a difference between the filters.

multiformous

Anyone having issues connecting to PC? It lights up and then turns off immediately.
If you'd like the light to stay on, you can change that setting using the app. Not sure if that's possible just using the buttons on the device.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Are these still really available? I only found a page by searching directly and it says its a "pre order product"

Reactions: SMc

delta76

Major Contributor
Are these still really available? I only found a page by searching directly and it says its a "pre order product"
Yes https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/tanchjim-space-dual-cs43131-portable-usb-dac-amp ?

Top Bottom