• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Takstar HI 2050 Headphones

Pegwill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi

Does anybody have an Eq setting for the above. I looked in all the obvious places but to no avail. Research shows they are similar to Beyerdynamic DT880 but I don’t think they are close enough. I have managed to find a frequency chart but not sure how accurate it is.

Thanks

Regards

William

markanini

Major Contributor
You mean this?
image.jpg

We don't know what kind of rig and compensation curve was used.

If you tried using an EQ for DT880 it's no surprise that the sound is different. The trend with Chinese headphones that mimic specific models is that they use different internals so the FR is not matched despite the marketing. In plain sight the cups use an oval shape instead round.

Send them to Amir or oratory1990 if you're in europe for the correct EQ paratmers.

OP
P

Pegwill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi

Yes that’s the onie that I found, yes I noticed the differences between the DT800. I also found a comment that the 2050 have the same drivers and nearly the same construction as Takstar Pro 80, it’s near but not near enough.

I don’t really think the solution is to get them tested as they are an old model now and no longer available.

So I will just have to wait and see if anybody comes up with anything.

Many thanks for the response.

Regards

William

markanini

Major Contributor
Don't think it matters that the model is discontinued, it wouldn't be the only one measured that is. Of course it's up to you.

Top Bottom