• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS Prime Center review (by Erin)

Franko

Seeking an 'expert' opinion: I am currently using the Ascend CMT-340 SE Center Channel Speaker tested in Feb 2020 by Amirm. In that review he commented that the "dialog intelligibility may not be very good". I am using this in a dedicated theater with carpeted walls and floor, Marantz SR6011 in 7.2.4 configuration using Audyssey and the Marantz supplied mic for setup. 100% movies and generally only use the 2 sweet spot seats which are 14' back from the screen and center speaker. I am dissatisfied with my ability to understand the dialog. I am limited to no more than a 22"L x 7.5"H center speaker. Will the SVS Prime Center provide a noticable difference in dialog clarity over the Ascend? I see that the overall response curve has issues but it appears smoother in the voice frequencies and is a 3-way design vs the 2-way.

Thanks for any input.
I went from ascend cmt340 older model to svs ultra center because of the ascend measurements/review on here. The ultra was a waste of time and money imo and I stayed with the ascend center.

Top Bottom