• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Subwoofer for music only, for placement in corner, 700€ Budget

Willem

Major Contributor
some claim that all the digital processing in this sub makes it sound less good than those that are more analog
That is pure nonsense. In fact, subwoofers are almost impossible to get right without some digital procesing, for low pass filters and dynamic limiting in the sub itself, and for room equalization filters either in the sub, as in the SVS pro models, or outboard, such as with e.g. the DSPeaker X2, or miniDSP 2x4HD. My preference is for outboard filters because those are more versatile. My SVS SB2000 non pro was also a lot cheaper than the SB2000 Pro. I use filters generated by MSO (Multi Sub Optimizer), uploaded into a miniDSP 2x4 HD dsp box. You need a line level output, however, either directly, or from the speaker connections and an attenuation cable.

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I use a pair 12" BK XXLS400FFs. They get great reviews and if you are based in Europe then they may be better value than American options as they are made in the UK.
I mustn't side track this thread Chr1. Before your comment, never heard of them. Checked their website, and they do look great value, compared to REL, which I am currently using. Thank you for the heads up.

madrac

Ma-ik

Have you asked Rythmik if they have alternative shipping service to your country (DHL? FedEx? UPS?)

Curious- what country are you in?

OP
M

Ma-ik

I live in Israel
actually i haven't mailed them, maybe there's a chance they can arrange something, worth trying...i will send them a message and see what it yields

OP
M

Ma-ik

Thanks Willem i went through this list , i discovered there a few

Last edited:
OP
M

Ma-ik

Harryharryharry - I'm actually interested right now in an Arendal 1961 bookshelf or Arendal 1961 surround, looks like an very good option that would suit me much better than my 607 s3.. but the 1961s subwoofer is probably over my budget, especially now that I've returned the amp I had and I'm looking for a other one..

OP
M

Ma-ik

Harryharryharry - and it's probably too big and not suitable for my subwoofer location, the woofers face to sides, which is less preferred (it fire at the wall and a piece of furniture from the other side)

Top Bottom