• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Studio monitors that are loud and have a lot of bass for under 3500 Euro?

lowkeyoperations

Try to find a used pair of Event Opals. Those things can smash out 120 dB with 1000w of built in amp. With a sub they would kick serious a$$.

There’s a few pairs on eBay and reverb below your budget.

Link here

lowkeyoperations

^didnt see you already ruled them out. They sound like the perfect fit.

Alternatively some used Barefoot Footprint 01s. They have 500 watt amps on the bass drivers and can go loud.

But not as loud as the Opals.

lowkeyoperations

PMC iB1s are really loud but maybe out of budget even used.

But Quested 3208s could work. Dual 10” woofers. Loud. But passive so need an amp.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
am looking for a secondary set of monitors that MUST BE LOUD, client pleasers, have deep bass, lots of sub 35 Hz and are under 3500 Euros.
I haven't seen anything recommended so far that meets this criteria other than use subwoofers. The monitors mentioned even the PA speakers without PA subs will not do high SPL under 35Hz. You would need the big Genelec main monitors as one example.

For instance the Genelec S360 spec

Frequency Response​

39 Hz - 19 kHz (± 2 dB)

Low cutoff -6dB
36 Hz

High cutoff -6dB
22 kHz

How is that lots of sub 35Hz that must be loud?

The others mentioned are about the same.

crappypanther

I think

I’ve owned both of these…6328p’s play pretty loud but not very deep. (-3dB 46hz).
The 1032’s play very loud but roll off pretty steep below 40hz.
40hz - very deep as for me. I don't know why normal people would need a lower frequency

Last edited:

MEGB1262

Beside the price completely out of reach, these pair of speakers would work - you can try to find something similar - 12 inch bass + Eighteensound XT1086 horn + high quality 1 inch compression driver

still waiting for a English version of the website, but they have the best pictures for their products...

advertisement in English shop

also very similar approach in some kind of a "High End" version

Last edited:

Ellebob

Forum Donor
A sub would be needed. Not sure if Eve would be enough. He would have to try. But a good PA sub (or possibly second sub) with decent PA speakers could get the SPL required in this price range. Wouldn't go much deeper than 35hz though with PA sub.

OP
C

Chevron

^didnt see you already ruled them out. They sound like the perfect fit.

Alternatively some used Barefoot Footprint 01s. They have 500 watt amps on the bass drivers and can go loud.

But not as loud as the Opals.

Thanks, and no worries appreciate the suggestions and info.

I remember the first time I tried the Opals in our studio, the volume and bass response was very impressive. As I said, just fearful of the reliability.

I did check out the Barefoots thanks, look like a very good option!

test1223

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The KH420 can not deliver deep bass and high SPL? The specs suggest otherwise.
I am looking for a secondary set of monitors that MUST BE LOUD, client pleasers, have deep bass, lots of sub 35 Hz
The KH420 can deliver about 7dB to 10dB more spl in the bass compared with the Genelec 8351. Below 35Hz they fade out at about 30Hz. So if that is enough for you? I wouldn't spend that money for the relatively small difference. Since you can get two very good subwoofer which you can even crossover at about 200Hz if you use them as stands for you Genelec which will result in much higher spl in the bass and much deeper bass. Then you can store two profiles one which is very flat in the bass which you can achieve thanks to the big headroom of the subwoofers and a more fun profile where the bass is a bit louder and you got your high spl show of client sound.

I would only spend this amount of money on different speakers which delivers a very different sound signature or much more spl. Like a speaker with narrow directivity. High quality PA speaker like some from Alcone, Meyer Sound, Kling & Freitag, KS Audio or many other "high end" PA brands sound very good and different compared with a typical studio monitor and with Trinnov it will easily get a very flat frequency response and become neutral enough.

Maybe some studio speakers like the Monkey Banana Silver Back or the KSD C100 are the right decision if you like to have a speaker which is made for the exact thing. But you can't expect deep bass from those.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
e: Forget it these are much too expensive.

How about this

AMIE-MAX.png

Top Bottom