• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Studio monitors that are loud and have a lot of bass for under 3500 Euro?

Sokel

Master Contributor
PMC iB1s are really loud but maybe out of budget even used.

But Quested 3208s could work. Dual 10” woofers. Loud. But passive so need an amp.
I'll double the Questeds',absolute fun speakers,they blow you away but it triples the budget and that depends on the amps too.
Maybe used.

lowkeyoperations

^for the budget suggested, I think the best option is used. The used market is really good value at the moment. Generally consumer spending is a bit down, so used prices are low-ish vs new prices that have all gone up due to inflation, post-COVID supply chain issues and extremely expensive container shipping rates.

Digby

Major Contributor
I am looking for a secondary set of monitors that MUST BE LOUD, client pleasers, have deep bass, lots of sub 35 Hz and are under 3500 Euros.
All those things together do not exist. You need sub/s if you want lots of sub 35hz AND under 3500 euros.

staticV3

Master Contributor
@Chevron
The Focal Trio11 Be ($3.8k):
Focal-Trio11-Be-−-Midfield-Monitor-10.jpg

plays louder than:
-Neumann KH 420 ($5.3k):
neumann_messlabor_3.jpg

-Genelec S360A ($4k):
360-MAX.jpg

OP
C

Chevron

Update and thanks to all who made suggestions - I have a set of Neumann KH150s to try out alongside my studio stalwart 8351Bs.

Deceptively diminutive in size, the KH150s, while initially deviating from my original search parameters, exhibit remarkable prowess in low-end extension, nearly rivalling the 8351Bs in terms of auditory impact. Their performance is notably impressive, especially given their price point of just under 3,000 Euros.

Beyond their laudable low-end capabilities, the KH150s excel in the realms of clarity and bass purity. Despite not reaching the deepest frequencies, they boast a compelling low-end presence - particularly noteworthy for a speaker of this compact stature. This characteristic extends across the entire audio spectrum, presenting a balanced, open, and warm, yet nuanced sound profile, underscored by a remarkably flat overall response.

The transient detail is both pure and intricately rendered, shedding light on why enthusiasts consistently prasie this facet of Neumann monitors. Further exploration in additional mixing sessions will be necessary to definitively ascertain their suitability, but the current trajectory suggests a positive outcome. The bottom line, they may very well be keepers...

A noteworthy advantage is also in the prospect of portability; as I would contemplate taking these monitors, accompanied by the Neumann MA1 kit, during my upcoming travels for movie score mixing jobs early next year. This consideration, notably absent with the 8351Bs, adds an additional layer of appeal to the KH150s.

Top Bottom