• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spreadable butter...

Digby

Major Contributor
Gift of the gods or work of the devil? Not so keen on rapeseed oil myself, so always go for full fat (usually 60%+ butter content) spreadable, but what do y'all use. Do you prefer the convenience of spreadable or is rapeseed oil/spreadable butter bad and to be avoided at all costs?

Last edited:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Gift of the gods or work of the devil? Not so keen on rapeseed oil myself, so always go for full fat (usually 60%+ butter content) spreadable, but what do y'all use. Do you prefer the convenience of spreadable or is rapeseed oil/spreadable butter bad and to be avoided at all costs?
I use a first world problem solver like this:

Real butter - no additions - spreadable on demand.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing at all. I dislike butter on bread unless it’s herb butter ;) And even then only when slightly warm.

OP
D

Digby

Major Contributor
Real butter - no additions - spreadable on demand.
Which one is you fave and do you know/care about price per kg?

Nothing at all. I dislike butter on bread unless it’s herb butter ;) And even then only when slightly warm.
You lot, as adults, put sprinkles on your breakfast, so can hardly be trusted with this serious matter :oops::D

I prefer olive oil anyway.
Ok, but what about in a sandwich or on toast?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You lot, as adults, put sprinkles on your breakfast, so can hardly be trusted with this serious matter :oops::D
Well, I don’t eat herb butter with normal daily breakfast or lunch sandwich ;)

But yes we also eat sprinkles, but personally I don’t care too much for them. Actually there is one exception that I make with butter:
1677695616898.jpeg

But that’s purely out of convenience, not taste.

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
what do y'all use
Real full fat butter or nothing. Butter should never be kept in the fridge. Use a proper ceramic butter dish and it will always be spready.

However, there's nothing like a bap spread with the cheapest catering margerine, bacon and a packet of salt 'n' vinegar crisps ... ;-)

JaMaSt

Forum Donor
Well, I don’t eat herb butter with normal daily breakfast or lunch sandwich ;)

But yes we also eat sprinkles, but personally I don’t care too much for them. Actually there is one exception that I make with butter:
View attachment 268546
But that’s purely out of convenience, not taste.
What is the name of all that is holy are those sprinkles?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the name of all that is holy are those sprinkles?
They are sugar coated anise seeds :cool: We call them “muisjes” (mice, because of the small tail coming out of it)

Traditional treat to celebrate a birth, but occasionally also as breakfast or lunch.

Last edited:

AudiOhm

I only use butter for cooking. Salted can be left out, but I use unsalted, best to be refrigerated...

Ohms

monkeyboy

The high omega-6 industrial seed oils have been implicated in a myriad of health issues, they didn't exist in the human diet until the late 1800s, best to avoid them as there is no real reason to have them in your diet...

monkeyboy

cholesterol is the substrate for just about everything important in physiology...yet the medical community has no problem screwing around with it based on a blood test that is a snap shot in time...then again there's big $ in statins...

OP
D

Digby

Major Contributor
However, there's nothing like a bap spread with the cheapest catering margerine, bacon and a packet of salt 'n' vinegar crisps ... ;-)
All together, crisps in with the bacon...? :oops:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
proper 100 percent butter here. None of that margarine stuff or butter blended with the bi-products of some chemical process and dyed to look palatable.

Okay it's hard to spread but I only have it on waffles so I just put chunks on and let it melt.

Full-fat milk too. Not paying the same price for something they have watered down.

I'm a big fan of cow-related products. The way I see it, the cow gets to wander about in beautiful fields for a few years and maybe once in a while it even gets to trample some hikers to death. It gives us butter milk and cheese daily and then a steak dinner at the end. It's a win all round.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Only butter I use is Kerrygold (Irish grass fed), anything else is simply not butter. Keeps fine in the kitchen cupboard and spreads fine.

MAB

Major Contributor
I have a butter dish like this one on the counter:
P0000002238S0003T1.jpg

It keeps a slab of spreadable butter ready at all times.

Top Bottom