• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spotify to layoff 17%

coonmanx

What station was that?

Have you played with the Radio Garden https://radio.garden/ or TuneIn to see if you can find any live radio to keep that might entertain you with something a bit different?
It was the local Colorado College radio station. KRCC. I started listening to it because when I pulled into town after driving through the mountains to get here, I just happened to tune in and they were playing Hendrix. And right then I knew that I was in the right place. I was moving from Iowa to Colorado Springs. And every day there was the Blue Plate Special with started off with Green Onions.

Sad to see that it is now nothing more than an NPR blab fest and other less interesting stuff. I tune in once in a while, but it is not the same thing. New studio and they abandoned what got me as a listener in the first place. Great music...

So UnderCurrents still gives me some of that.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't pay or use any music-only streaming service, since I have a big enough FLAC offline library and also consume a lot more free video streaming than music anyway.

coonmanx

I don't pay or use any music-only streaming service, since I have a big enough FLAC offline library and also consume a lot more free video streaming than music anyway.
I just don't see the need for it. I have access to plenty of really good music already without paying some moron to tell me what I should listen to. Don't even get me started on most podcasts, which are a complete waste of time. Very food good ones and you can always catch a clip of a good one on YouTube.

Multicore

Major Contributor
Found this guy...
Great use of wah pedal. Nice touch. Heavy use of vibrato in the solos (I could use a bit less). Judicious excursions from blues tonality with some jazz chords and briefly also in the middle solo. Also owes a lot to heavy rock guitar heroics.

Interesting singer too. Youtube suggested this and I liked it even more.

Last edited:

thexfile

Variety is Radiooooo. Sometimes, I listen to some Hawaiian music from the 30s.

Top Bottom