• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spotify problems - just Wiim?

Petevid

Spotify has stopped working with my two Wiim devices, a mini and a Pro. On the Wiim forum there are a growing number of similar reports but one or two are saying that Spotify has also stopped working with some other non Wiim devices . Anybody on here experiencing the same thing ? Speculation is whether this is a Wiim or Spotify problem.

Monster

Not sure if it's helpful info, but I just managed to connect to the Moode Audio renderer and to a Google Chromecast Ultra puck from the Spotify desktop app OK.

OP
P

Petevid

This Spotify issue is now trending on X / Twitter so seems it is a Spotify connect problem across various devices.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just tried my Spotify desktop app, no specific music content is loading (just the framework). I tried my android phone and tablet and it seems to work fine, connecting to my avr (via Connect) no problem.

OP
P

Petevid

Thanks problem now fixed, by Spotify presumably. Lots of angry folk on X !

Chazz6

This situation is an example why I avoid streaming services. The alternatives are the URLs of Internet radio stations that specialize in the genres you like; purchase of .flac files that you feed from your computer or network attached storage; and at worse, finding the piece you want on Youtube, which you download and store as an .mp3 or .flac file (convert from .mp4 video using Audacity).

Minimserver and BubbleUPnP are your friends.

popej

Minimserver and BubbleUPnP are your friends.
I have a collection of CD. Some of them I have ripped and copied to DLNA server. I can play them on AVR, but in the end I still use Spotify to listen to these albums :)

Chazz6

I have a collection of CD....
Less than US $50.
CD_USBplayer_Newegg.jpg

Top Bottom