• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Speakers and AMP for 2.1 setup under 500€

aldo24

I find it stupid to start a new conv about this. Does anyone know how much output the headphone jack of the A-S301 has? I own the AKG K361 headphone 32ohm, as far as I know as an audiophile newbie, that's "easy to drive" ? but I really want to be sure.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I find it stupid to start a new conv about this. Does anyone know how much output the headphone jack of the A-S301 has? I own the AKG K361 headphone 32ohm, as far as I know as an audiophile newbie, that's "easy to drive" ? but I really want to be sure.
According to the user manual (RTFM :)), the A-S301 has a maximum output voltage of 0.36V and an output impedance of 470Ω:
Screenshot 2023-11-13 210430.png

The high output impedance will severely limit the output volume with your 32Ω headphones.

Reactions: MAB

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The A-S301 should be able to drive 250-Ohm headphones.
So 32-Ohms should be easy.
But because of the high output impedance of the A-S301's headphone jack, your likely to get a bloated bass and other negative sound issues.

aldo24

thanks for quick respond! that's sad... I was just watching Zeos review on this amp, and he didn't left a good review either... rca sources bleed to each other etc. Its just that there's a sale offer in Greece these days, and I can find it for 350euros , and A-S501 for 400. I don't even have speakers but i want something future - proof as im building my audio equipment. Already bought a technics used cd player, seems to be working fine with my ohelbach dac. Im thinking of my options to power my headphone with good quality until i complete my set up...

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
thanks for quick respond! that's sad... I was just watching Zeos review on this amp, and he didn't left a good review either... rca sources bleed to each other etc. Its just that there's a sale offer in Greece these days, and I can find it for 350euros , and A-S501 for 400. I don't even have speakers but i want something future - proof as im building my audio equipment. Already bought a technics used cd player, seems to be working fine with my ohelbach dac. Im thinking of my options to power my headphone with good quality until i complete my set up...
What sources do you currently connect the K361 to?

aldo24

What sources do you currently connect the K361I
Mainly Digital Sources, PC / Tablet / Smartphone (Spotify + Tidal) but I'd like to listen to my cd's too, as im making my cd collection... I was really close to buy the zen dac v2 yesterday but im still in thoughts...

Top Bottom