• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sound delay on a Sony Str-dn1080

Mobeats

Hi guys, I'm really hoping someone on here can help.

I've just got a new av amp, Sony Str-dn1080.

It's replaced another Sony av amp that broke and I couldn't get the parts to fix it.

I've got a 7.1 system, the new amp works it beautifully until I plug my decks into it.

I have a DJ controller and I run a pair of rca cables from the controller into the amp. It's a direct analogue stereo input.

The problem I am having is I am getting a delay in sound from my headphones on the DJ controller to the sound coming out of the speakers. I have been through the manual, the only fix I've found makes the delay worse not better. On further investigation, I found there was no delay when the amp was in "direct" mode. However, this only sends sound out of the front two speakers, which for djing, they are just too far away from my console. Ideally I want it to work on "multi-stereo", like I did on my old amp without any problem.

Has anyone had this issue and have they been able to solve it?

My old Sony surround amp worked perfectly, didn't matter what setting it was on, it was an instant sound.

Top Bottom