• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony WH-1000XM4 Review (noise cancelling headphone)

bevok

Sony have implemented an interesting new guided EQ feature in the app (beta) which takes you through several screens allowing you to adjust settings 'blind' on whatever you have playing and spitting out an EQ at the end. Quite a good idea although I think it would be helpful at each stage to give some clue as to what you're assessing (e.g. treble) so you can focus on that aspect.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried that. I'd much prefer they just include one or two more eq sliders. I had much better results that way.

Sony is really trying to expand the definition of what a headphone is with these devices. The conversation recognition, location based anc, motion based anc. It's a bit too much for me personally, but it's really not right to compare these to normal headphones.

They will also use pictures of your ear to eq the sound. How they do this I have no idea.

Sony have implemented an interesting new guided EQ feature in the app (beta) which takes you through several screens allowing you to adjust settings 'blind' on whatever you have playing and spitting out an EQ at the end. Quite a good idea although I think it would be helpful at each stage to give some clue as to what you're assessing (e.g. treble) so you can focus on that aspect.

radix

Major Contributor
I recently bought the WH-1000MX5 to replace some lost QC 35II. The sound and comfort of the Sony is great, and the touch controls (once I got used to them) are great. The ANC is fantastic. I used for about 20 hours over 4 flights (757-200). The only downside is they do not pack away as well as the Bose, but without their bulky case it's not too bad. I'll try to send them into Amir.

Top Bottom