• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sonarworks worth it for headphones?

DDF

Addicted to Fun and Learning
How do you measure the EQ shape of your headphones though? Do you have a dummy head microphone?

I measure the EQ provided by Sonarworks and Morphit, not the headphones. Sonarworks and Toneboosters measure the headphones, leading to their EQ shapes.

ferrellms

To be clear I'm not talking about for audiophile usage, but for critical listening/mixing/mastering.

I know there are a lot of potential issues when it comes to measuring headphones, and unit to unit variances etc, but setting that aside for a moment, do you think Sonarworks is worth it at a conceptual level?
I use it with SRH1840s. There is a slight improvement, but these headphones are extremely flat already. One would guess that the difference will depend on how colored the headphones you use are.

Top Bottom