• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need help and advices for acousctic treatment in my room (worth diving in?)

raphontherun

Greetings everyone!

First my English is not so great so i hope you ll get me anyway (French parisian here)!

So i plan on doing some acoustic treatment in my room. As you can see, it's a home studio and can't afford to move things around. I've tried but this is the most convenient for day to day life and working/recording.
Just so you know, speaker stands will come soon (so i can move them more easily and get better placement) and yes, curtains on the windows will help a lot. On its way too.

My budget is around 400 to 450 Euros and can do a lot of things myself (creating frame panels and so on).
Not sure about Rockwool panels regarding to health issues (yeah pros and cons etc) and might go with the isobond products. But i can still change my mind on that, we'll see how it goes.

I took some measures with the Sonarworks soundid system, with their dedicated mic, and you can see the results at my listening position (about 140 cm from the front wall and 160 from the left one.
Floor is mostly wooden and very few tiles. Walls are mostly concrete.

Don't have the budget to hire a professional acoustician (yet...) so here i am.

I mix in this room and record (mostly vocals and guitars).

Is my budget enough for major improvments in the room? Is the time needed and spent worth? Yes Sonarworks does a great job but i feel like i just started the wrong way and ALWAYS start with some acoustic treatment first. I know i'll still have tons of issues in the room, even after what i plan to do but i need a starting point i guess.

As you can see, i'm kinda stuck with those two pillars left and right and i suppose it's already a bad thing but it's what it is.

Thinking about two panels on the front wall, one one the ceiling, maybe one where the wall meets the ceiling in front of me, and of course 2 triangular bass traps between the front wall and both pillars.

What do you guys think? Any help, tips, criticism etc highly appreciate! Can do more pictures and measurments if needed, no prob!

Thanks a lot!!!! (might double post this on an another forum for maximum help)

Raph

Attachments

• AMROC.png
    AMROC.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 74
  • im1.jpg
    im1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 68
  • im2.jpg
    im2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 59
  • im3.jpg