• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Solupeak X31 3 IN – 1 OUT XLR switch short review

pma

Major Contributor
Solupeak X31 3 IN – 1 OUT XLR switch

IMG_4625s.JPG

I needed again a 3 IN – 1 OUT XLR selector switch for my small lab so after some googling I have decided to order this:

The little box has arrived today. It is small, simply made on an open PCB, with the rotary switch and XLR connectors soldered directly into the board. Taking into account very low price, I do not care.

IMG_4621s.JPG

We can see 3 stereo inputs IN1 - IN3 and 1 stereo output OUT

IMG_4627s.JPG

IMG_4628s.JPG

Some measurements

Let's do some measurements. First, THD and THD+N without (direct cabling) and with the switch. I use my Topping DX5 as a sound source and E1DA Cosmos ADC for measurements.

DX5_direct.png

Direct path without the X31 switch

DX5_Solupeak.png

The signal path with Solupeak X31 inserted. There is no difference.

I have also made a more complex RightMark test, again with and without the switch. Below the RMAA results.

comparison.png

Frequency response
fr.png

Noise level
ns.png

Dynamic range

dr.png

THD + Noise (at -3dBFS)
thd.png

Intermodulation distortion
imd.png

Stereo crosstalk

ct.png

Conclusion

We can see that the switch is transparent, as expected. The only slight change is in the stereo crosstalk above 10kHz, still below -110dB, thus inaudible.

OP
pma

pma

Major Contributor
Inside, under the top cover. We can see rotary switch, connectors and PCB tracks - that's it.

IMG_4629s.JPG

Top Bottom